Who will be on the crossbow bandwagon tomorrow morning?

ApexerER

I will be carry my crossbow I got for Christmas last year for the first time. I am excited about it. I hope I get to try it out on something. It will be interesting to see how it works out for me in the treestand and carrying it in and out. I got her all ready to go after about 2 hours at the range yesterday. I took the quiver off my bow so I could carry more than 3 bolts. I was excited my bow quiver worked fine. Got all my broadheads on...I can't wait. I have to remember to pack my decocking bolt. I have told myself that 10 times at work today. Watch me forget it....I came up with another reason to leave the seasons the way they are....I love opening day...It just feels different. Like today is Christmas Eve. I feel that way Sept. 30th and before the rifle opener as well.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ApexerER said:

I will be carry my crossbow I got for Christmas last year for the first time. I am excited about it. I hope I get to try it out on something. It will be interesting to see how it works out for me in the treestand and carrying it in and out. I got her all ready to go after about 2 hours at the range yesterday. I took the quiver off my bow so I could carry more than 3 bolts. I was excited my bow quiver worked fine. Got all my broadheads on...I can't wait. I have to remember to pack my decocking bolt. I have told myself that 10 times at work today. Watch me forget it....I came up with another reason to leave the seasons the way they are....I love opening day...It just feels different. Like today is Christmas Eve. I feel that way Sept. 30th and before the rifle opener as well.

Me, although I wouldn't call it bandwagon for me. I bought mine in 2010 to use in 2011 in PA. I have used it in CT and NY (when legal) since.

I'll be out there with my xbow. This will be my 2nd time ever carrying in the field. I took it out once last year. Only thing I noticed is they are somewhat cumbersome to hold/handle in a treestand. Other than that hoping I get to put it to good use! Thing is surprisingly accurate out to 50 yds.

I will be out there tomorrow most of the day and part of Sunday. Looking forward to using my PSE Fang. I'm all dialed in and ready. 

Make sure you all have your Muzz Privilege tag. Got mine yesterday and it says "anterless". Ugh! Oh well, I'll take the first nice big doe I see to fill the freezer. 

Good luck to all and be safe!

DT

Throw a field point in backpack just incase you ever forget decoding bolt. Just trow field point on and shoot into ground hoping you miss a tock

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I leave an old small target in the woods. Shoot it with FP after each hunt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

I leave an old small target in the woods. Shoot it with FP after each hunt.

I hunt stateland with my dad he can't do that. May throw my target in truck tho

BTW I'll be using my vert compound (just for you lcj) I know your watching...

I hunt stateland with my dad he can't do that. May throw my target in truck tho
BTW I'll be using my vert compound (just for you lcj) I know your watching...

Yea when we hunt public land, we leave it car and then pull it out and shoot

• Like 1

Ill be out for my second season.  If its your first time using a crossbow, don't forget everything you have learned using a vertical bow.  Hunting tactics, blood trails, and method of death remain the same.  Continue to be aware of your shot limitations.  Ill be honest, for most people, a crossbow should lead to better results, but please dont push it and let it lead to more injured deer.  Good luck!

• Like 1

I had full intentions of using it this year and after i shot it a few times today I hung it up grabbed my verticals bow and shot it. Long story short my new 1400$ Xbow will be at home and I'll be carrying the compound. I was looking forward to it all year but I guess I don't have any interest in using it. Maybe next week.

Good luck to those that do and remember keep your digits out of the stroke when loading and unloading those bolts!

I am looking forward to getting out there all day tomorrow and Sunday afternoon.  I would be real happy with a button buck or two on my DMP tags.  Those can be processed right away, without aging and the meat is still very tender.  (I can almost taste those young livers and tenderloins, pan-fried medium-rare in olive oil, right now as I type).    The weather looks a little too warm next week to age an older deer by just hanging in my garage.  The does and 1-1/2 year bucks are safe from me this weekend.  If I can score on a 2-1/2 year or older buck, I will skin him right away, cut the carcass in half and hang in my garage "deer-fridge" for a week or more before processing.    I am also looking forward to doing another European mount with the power washer.  That is one thing the warm weather is nice for at this time of year.   I would also like to try out my new "Butt-out 2" tool again (it worked as advertised on my NZ ML doe a couple weeks ago - insert, turn 1-1/2 times, then pull did the trick).  Good luck to all the crossbow folks this weekend.         

I will be out in 9A. My second year hunting with a crossbow, and I am looking to harvest my first deer with one. It will also be the earliest in the rut season that I have ever hunted. Hoping to see those rut-crazed middle of the day big bucks that I read about.

I've been looking forward to this since the end,of crossbow last year. Maybe next year I can hunt all of bow season with it since it is a crossBOW. Damn liberals. 

Good luck out there tomorrow boys and girls. Shoot straight and lets only shoot mature deer!

First time xbow for me and I'm excited to get back in a tree!  I work this weekend, but hope to get a late pm sit on Sunday.  Otherwise, I'll be out a few days during the week.  

I didn't save up all those sick and vacation days for nuttin!