NYS Pistol Permits vary by Counties

fasteddie

Well golly gee .... Guess what was in todays mail . The pistol permit addendum that I applied for on June 16 . I also got the slip for the National Instant Criminal Background Check Certification which is good for 5 years) . The addendum was signed on July 8 so it took 7 days to travel 30 miles from Lyons to Ontario .

I hope to pickup the pistol this afternoon . It's a Ruger .380 acp ................yeeeeeeehaaaaaaaa . Now I can quit crying about it !

Well golly gee .... Guess what was in todays mail . The pistol permit addendum that I applied for on June 16 . I also got the slip for the National Instant Criminal Background Check Certification which is good for 5 years) . The addendum was signed on July 8 so it took 7 days to travel 30 miles from Lyons to Ontario .

I hope to pickup the pistol this afternoon . It's a Ruger .380 acp ................yeeeeeeehaaaaaaaa . Now I can quit crying about it !

My freind just got an LCP. It's so damn light.

What ticked me off is ....... there is an "In" box and an "Out" box . They wait until the In box is stacked up before doing anything and then wait for the out box to fill before mailing . Try that with your monthly bills and see where it gets you !  >:( ......... :);) ;)

I took the pistol over to the Gun range this afternoon and dusted out the barrel with 59 rounds . I don't care for the trigger pull on the little Ruger !  :) ... :( ... :(

Can it be modified by a gunsmith??

No modification . It's that way because there is no safety . You pull the trigger and wonder why it hasn't fired then when you get it almost to the end , BAM ! I am expecting it to fire sooner . I may get a Lazer sight for it . I GOOGLED and found the Crimson Trace Lazer sight ranging from $155 to $250 . $95 difference for the same Lazer sight (LG 431) . That's weird !

• 1 month later...

I got my permit in Broome County about 14 years ago.  Waited about 4 months.  Just upgraded to a CCW 2 years and it took about 1 1/2 months after I sent my letter and certificate in.  The judge hear takes anywhere between 1-3 weeks.  I should mention our judge is pro-gun :P .  Things have gotten better since the Obama gun buying craze has eased up.

Fantail -

I live in onondaga county and got mine a few years ago - it took about 2 months - but you can get one.

It's almost impossible to get a carry-mine is stamped hunting/target shooting/home possession. As you know the judges here are all anti-carry permit but will give out the limited

Here in St. Lawrence County, the judge will only issue Outdoor Recreation permits only.  I can carry if I'm hunting, hiking, camping, fishing, canoing, backpacking, oh, and my favorite.... BERRY PICKING.  So basically I can carry just about any time I want so long as I'm going to be hunting or target shooting and that's what I do when I'm at work anyway.  But I can't carry to and from work, even if I stop at the range, because I work at a school, and can't have a gun, even locked in a case in a locked vehicle, on the grounds.  >:( 

Oh, and to whoever mentioned the PA permit, yes it's 26 bucks, apply in Centre County, PA, but, I'm not sure Non-resident permits get the reciprocity from other states...

You do get reciprocity.  The one's with stars next to them means they only honor resident PA licenses...

Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado*, Florida*, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan*, Missouri, Montana, New Hampshire, North Carolina, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah*, Vermont*, Virginia, West Virginia, Wyoming