Steel plant is burning

Jeremy K

Going by the color and volume of smoke, Jeremy may well, Be correct .

Just a big soround and drown . 

Edit. Just found this pic .  Houses seem close , here's where wind direction is more important than in hunting !

IMG_3270.JPG

Edited by Larry302
  • Like 1

Wind is blowing it towards the south towns....schools were evacuated in Hamburg and Frontier I believe. My wife is at home in Lakeview.....probably 12 miles away and our town is in a shelter in place.
I also think this building houses or makes pallets for packing and transportation. So that wood will be burning for a while.
Sad story hope none of the brave men or women fighting this inferno get hurt.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

7 minutes ago, mlammerhirt said:

Wind is blowing it towards the south towns....schools were evacuated in Hamburg and Frontier I believe. My wife is at home in Lakeview.....probably 12 miles away and our town is in a shelter in place.
I also think this building houses or makes pallets for packing and transportation. So that wood will be burning for a while.
Sad story hope none of the brave men or women fighting this inferno get hurt.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I'm a half mile downwind and no word of evacuating. 

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/massive-fire-engulfs-building-ny-steel-mill-site-43415754

ok they say a " hot light bulb " fell on cardboard starting the fire . Since cause and origin  is a day or two from going in and frankly they'll never get to the seat of the fire to start that investigation , I have to assume that investigators talked to a person or persons who either saw it fall or arrived as the fire was still in the incipient stage , and saw the bulb laying in a small fire of burning cardboard .

How in the wide world of sports, then did it get this big? If it was witnessed as it started ?

I would GUESS and that's all this is , is a delay in call , often because they try to put it out themselves first. That's just a guess though .

ill also add with a building that size, if no body is meeting them and directing them in, it would take quite a while to find the fire inside, and the stretch to the seat of the fire may require piecing in extra hose on the attack lines from multiple engines .

Old buildings like that of that size full of combustibles , without a sprinkler system , unless that first line can get right in and on the seat of the fire, which would be difficult , that's often the result .

Thats my armchair firefighting thoughts .

Edited by Larry302
  • Like 1