Elmo's Travels

Elmo

Italy 2016.

Flew into Milan, picked up rental car and drove down to Cinque Terre.  Spent the night in Monterosso al Mare.  Visited Vernazza the next morning then drove down to Rome with a pit stop in Pisa.  3 days in Rome including a tour of the Vatican City.  Drove from Rome to San Marino but it was raining hard so we skipped San Marino and pulled into Rimini for the night.  Drove to Venice next and spent two days there.  Second day it rained and Venice flooded which is a normal occurrence.  Drove back to Milan for the night and flew out the next afternoon.

https://elmo43.smugmug.com/Travel/Italy-2016/

• Like 2

Very cool!   Growing up i spent every other summer in italy with my family.  The food pics you posted brought back some good memories.  Havent been there in 10 years tho.   My town is about a 45 minute train ride north of venice.   So we spent many day trips in venice.  Hopefully you took tons of pics!!

3 hours ago, wooly said:

Wow- great job on these Elmo! Very professional quality and compositions!

Looks like an awesome trip with lots to see.

My son is now at the age where he wants to run every where, climb things, and cry when he doesn't get his way...which isn't good when you add in crowds of tourist in a museum with 1000 year old artifacts.  If you haven't figured, he's the crazy kid running in the flood water.  I really wish I would had more time/freedom to change filters or carry a tripod, etc.  Often I had only a split second to adjust settings.

Edited by Elmo
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, diplomat019 said:

Very cool!   Growing up i spent every other summer in italy with my family.  The food pics you posted brought back some good memories.  Havent been there in 10 years tho.   My town is about a 45 minute train ride north of venice.   So we spent many day trips in venice.  Hopefully you took tons of pics!!

That would put you near or in the Dolomites?  Saw it from a distance and from the plane.  Looks like a great place to visit.

Yup!   The mountains were in my backyard.   

What did you think of real italian food??? 

The food I had in smaller towns and in some places in Venice were amazing. The food in or near major attractions were not as good. I was told that a lot of those in tourist traps don't put much effort in it because they know you won't be back anyway. All the recommendations I got were in places where locals lived.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk