Installed my lifeline today...

Pygmy

After many years of being "lucky" hunting from treestands, ( I have managed to avoid a gravity attack)  I finally installed a lifeline with a Prusik knot on my ladder stand this morning..

The materials cost me about ten bucks at my local Amish "hardware" type store....Rope was 17 cents a foot and good heavy  duty caribiners were $1.95 apiece...

A small price to pay for more security while ascending and descending from my stand, when most falls take place..

Be safe out there, y'all....

• Like 8

I put 2 up this year on my hang on stands. Definitely makes u more comfortable moving from stand to pegs or vice versa.

Glad to hear it! Moving from the climbing stick to my stand was how I fell 20' a few years ago. Wasn't pretty, but I learned my lesson and installed lifelines.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Just google up Prusik Knot Lifeline, Shawn....There is lots of info, both diagrams and videos..

Pretty easy to do, even for an old, fat white boy like me !!...<<grin>>...

You can also buy them already made up from Sportsman's Guide and other places for less than $30..

I made a couple up this year for under $25.00 and used them for the first time. Left one in one of the ladder stands and used one with the climber. Best thing since peanut butter IMO. Fast Eddie posted a video a while back on how to make them and there are number of videos on youtube. Main thing is you buy a rope that will support your weight. Most packaged rope will have the rated  weight capacity on the package.

I will probably make up a couple more in the off season.

6 minutes ago, Paula said:

I use mine on ladder stand. I can stay hooked to lifeline or switch to the tree strap when I am up there. 

A lot of us don't but it is definitely a good idea to stay attached at all times. One fall can ruin your life or end it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shawnhu said:

Any pictures Dan? Been interested in putting one together myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Life line is tied off above stand at a height so when you'er sitting there is just slight slack in line to harness , also,tie off down low so one can push knot up as you climb.

Life line needs to be bigger diameter then Prusik knot .

Dont use nylon or cheap rope.

image.jpeg

Edited by Larry302
  • Like 1

I made a couple up this year for under $25.00 and used them for the first time. Left one in one of the ladder stands and used one with the climber. Best thing since peanut butter IMO. Fast Eddie posted a video a while back on how to make them and there are number of videos on youtube. Main thing is you buy a rope that will support your weight. Most packaged rope will have the rated  weight capacity on the package.
 I will probably make up a couple more in the off season.

How do you use one with the climber? Leave it on a tree that you frequently climb?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk