Will you be hunting opening day on public land or private and what gun will you be using

10point

I will once again be found in the bowels of Letchworth with my tack driver Mossy 20. Will be hanging by 5-530 and will be sitting pretty all day if that's needed. If not i will be spending the rest of the day hauling out the cape,rack and loins the first trip out and the rest on the second go around. The second is so much easier because its always a change into sneakers and jeans for the last trip down.

• Like 2

Private.....if you asked me this morning I was dead set that I would be taking my .30-.06 jackhammer.....but with changing weather conditions the ole trusty 336 .30-30 may get the opening day nod!
I have opened with the .30-.06 for 9 seasons in a row so swapping her out will be a game time decision.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

17 hours ago, Core said:

Not sure yet, depends on how the cams look on thursday or friday. If okay, private. If the cams don't work I'll sit in the middle of a massive field on public land I've never scouted and hope a deer is unlucky enough to walk by. 

In either case, .223 is the round. 

Your hunting deer with a .223? How does that work out? Have you gotten a deer with it yet?

I will be hunting the same spot In 7H (Cornell) like I have been for the past 6-7 yrs, Tompkins County is Shotgun only so I will be using my 12 gauge H&R Ultra Slug Hunter, My son will be right beside me with his 1187, I went out scouting last weekend and there is tons of scrapes/rubs within 50 yards of my stand so I am anxiously waiting for Saturday Morning!