Finally connected

Woodjr55

It's been a long hard season for me been hunting every single chance I got to this year. I've missed 2 does cleanly and had a couple close encounters that just didn't pan out. Been bow hunting for 3 years and have learned a lot in that time. Prior to this year I've only taken one shot at a deer and missed cleanly. But today I finally connected.

It was super foggy for me today but at 8:15 the sun came out and the fog lifted at about 8:30 had a doe moving quickly behind me and to my right I grab my bow knowing a buck be behind her sure enough there was a small buck chasing her they were out of range. I grunted at them but they wanted nothing to do with it. I texted my buddy saying deer where moving and then tried a snort weeze just to see within 30 seconds I hear movement and see another deer coming down the hill towards me it get to be about 40 yards in front of my and turns and is heading straight to me I draw and he gives me a slight quartering to shot. I hit him right above the shoulder and he takes off. He broke my arrow after about 40 yards then I hear him crash a7bf56758bd6617b56e427b6636cf99b.png he's not one of the big boys I've seen on camera but this was my last day to bow hunt and I couldn't be happier with him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 28