Anyone hunting 9p out there

Larry

Cool to know there are other fellow 9P enthusiast's on here ! I noticed a lot less hunters and shots out this opening weekend, I think tomorrow will be a good day (with the expected snow, and the number of drives going on to get deer on there feet).

I hunt one town over from Swain, I tagged out opening day. Looking forward to getting back out there with the Muzzle loader, good luck out there !

• 2 weeks later...

One of the worst years we had in over 20 years on our property , deer sightings during  both archery and gun were far and few. Two weeks of gun season only produced 4 doe sightings on over 100 acres . None taking, also only heard a few shots on opening morning none during the Thanksgiving weekend . Richburg/Wirt areas. Anybody hunt these areas ?

Been hunting 9P for the last 12 years , it's the hardest place I've ever hunted by far . We always see monster bucks and tons of doe,right before archery season starts ,the neighbor cuts the corn and the deer disappear til  we see them on camera again in the summer.

The property is managed as is.....nobody bow hunts it at the owners request since he is older and doesn't any more. He does crossbow hunt and that's when the season begins.
No limits on age or antler size....you shoot what you want and and just don't be greedy by shooting to many. The owner also likes to get does with fawns in toe walk.
This just works for this property....and usually produces 4-5 bucks a year and 3-5 doe.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

51 minutes ago, John R said:

One of the worst years we had in over 20 years on our property , deer sightings during  both archery and gun were far and few. Two weeks of gun season only produced 4 doe sightings on over 100 acres . None taking, also only heard a few shots on opening morning none during the Thanksgiving weekend . Richburg/Wirt areas. Anybody hunt these areas ?

My Brother and I have 24 acres in Wirt-9p. We do extremely well.  I passed 7 bucks with the bow and took a nice 8.  My Brother passed 5 bucks a took a doe.  I passed many doe.  My neighbor took 3, big 10, spike and doe.  I agree, lots of big deer.

WOW- What a beauty ! I hunt in Birdsall, I didn't see a single deer all bow season, many all day sits even. I tagged out with a 6 pointer opening day, 5 minutes of light left roughly and was the second deer I seen all day.

My brother got a nice 8 about 300 yards away from me.  I will be out during Muzzle loader, can't wait to get back out there. 

Glad to hear you guys had a good year out there. I agree with you Jeremy K- Also the hardest area I have ever hunted. 

Any one been out there this week ?

took almost all of November off, took that nice buck on 11/1 tagged a doe on Thanksgiving Day. I’m back at work now I won’t get down there till next week sometime. I have seen deer every time I’ve gone out not a lot guys out and I have passed on maybe  6 small bucks. I won’t shot another buck unless it’s bigger than the 1 I shot during bow. The hardest thing for me was to get my son to understand you can’t get a deer if you’re not in the stand.

• 11 months later...