Potential Battles Over Public Lands

After their atrocious behavior over the last 18 months I refuse to give the NYT even a single click. So I have no comment on whatever lies or irrelevant BS they may have printed.

FWIW I have to stay current with left-leaning media outlets, both print and broadcast, and I do, but the NYT has gone too far and I wish them only a quick death as a 'news' source in this country. Find the same information in a real news source and I'll read it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, philoshop said:

After their atrocious behavior over the last 18 months I refuse to give the NYT even a single click. So I have no comment on whatever lies or irrelevant BS they may have printed.

FWIW I have to stay current with left-leaning media outlets, both print and broadcast, and I do, but the NYT has gone too far and I wish them only a quick death as a 'news' source in this country. Find the same information in a real news source and I'll read it.

You may not like NYT which is your right, but there is no doubt that our public lands are under attack. Randy newburg has great video's on it. 

2 hours ago, philoshop said:

As someone who refuses to read anything coming from right wing sources I can appreciate your refusal to read the NYT as it is no secret they lean leftward, unfortunately for you it still remains one of the most widely read daily newspapers not only here but worldwide.    

10 minutes ago, Uptown Redneck said:

As someone who refuses to read anything coming from right wing sources I can appreciate your refusal to read the NYT as it is no secret they lean leftward, unfortunately for you it still remains one of the most widely read daily newspapers not only here but worldwide.    

You got some stats to back that up? 

The NYT is the fastest failing, and the fastest backtracking print media publication in the world today. They won't likely be in existence a year from now, and it's their own fault. Carlos Slim screwed it up.

I research and write political commentary for a living, so avoiding Leftist thought is not an option for me. Avoiding Leftist nonsense frees my time to pursue valid arguments, and from experience I've found that vetting the NYT is best left to people with less hectic schedules. It's the only news source I completely ignore. The NYT rarely gets anything right any more and when they get it wrong it's usually so ridiculously wrong that a Junior High School student with an internet connection will point it out before I even bother to think about it.

I'd rather get my news from daily mail to be honest--and half the writers (I would never call them journalists--maybe interns at best) have grammar worse than mine. Dailymail, despite their flaws, is more objective than NYT. No matter how much lipstick you put on a pig if it's a one-trick pony (rather like clinton news network this past election), there isn't much value to be had. 

Uptown, you say you don't go to right wing sources. Perhaps you should start; maybe your unapologetic patronizing of left sources is why you missed the election so severely. And why you seem so much more upset about its results than, well, half the country.

24 minutes ago, Core said:

I'd rather get my news from daily mail to be honest--and half the writers (I would never call them journalists--maybe interns at best) have grammar worse than mine. Dailymail, despite their flaws, is more objective than NYT. No matter how much lipstick you put on a pig if it's a one-trick pony (rather like clinton news network this past election), there isn't much value to be had. 

Uptown, you say you don't go to right wing sources. Perhaps you should start; maybe your unapologetic patronizing of left sources is why you missed the election so severely. And why you seem so much more upset about its results than, well, half the country.

Very few knowledgeable and up-to-date politics followers were actually surprised with the election outcome. Celebratory for sure, but surprised, not at all. Nor are we surprised by the violence of backlash being exhibited by the poor losers of the event. Not gloating, just stating facts that are hard for many to hear.

Having a problem getting this info out so I kind of hijacked this one,there are meetings going on throughout the state concerning the state land purchases in the adirondacks,they spent a lot of our money to make these purchases and now are trying to lock us out the sportsmen & women have to get involved we can not sit back and let someone else do it,Google Boreas Pond and go to the links
I can't seem to post the links here

Good article on Boreas Ponds and related issues, raises the point that connectivity between other parcels in the park is a major factor in the impact of classification.  Multiway interview.

• Like 2

If the APA gets what they want we will be locked out of a lot of lands,no motorized vehicles,chainsaws,generators etc.only the fit and able 
Sent: Thursday, November 10, 2016 9:49 AM
Subject: Sportsmen need to show up. Take Action

Directors,    www.accessadk.com gives the information.  The meeting schedule is posted below.  We need all of you to go to your contacts and get more people to attend these meetings.  Give testimony if they like, I can give you information or just sit in the Audience.  The first meeting was in Ray Brook and the green groups show up in numbers to the point they chartered a bus from Albany.  The oral presentations of our group Access the Adirondacks were well done we just need to put more people in the audience.

Dates, locations and times of the public hearings are:
  • 11/9 - APA - 7:00 pm
    1133 NYS Route 86, Ray Brook
  • 11/14 - Northville Central School - 6:00 pm
    131 S. Third Street, Northville
  • 11/16 - Newcomb Central School - 7:00 pm
    5535 NYS Route 28N, Newcomb
  • 11/21 - Schroon Lake Central School - 7:00 pm
    1125 Route 9, Schrool Lake
  • 11/28 - RIT - 7:00 pm
    Golisano Institute for Sustainability in Sustainability Hall, Rochester
  • 11/29 - St. Lawrence County Human Service Center - 6:00 pm
    80 State Highway 310, Canton
  • 12/6 - Bear Mountain Inn - 7:00 pm

3020 Seven Lakes Drive, Tomkins Cove
  • 12/7 - NYSDEC - 2:00 pm
    625 Broadway, Albany
If the every day man  / women can elect a president by simply showing up and voting, just think what the everyday sportsmen can do if we just show up.  Lets get out there and see who we can get to attend.

Chuck Parker