Biggest Buck for me on final hunt

Tarheelsaint

I do not post on here much but i frequent the site often and enjoy reading the various posts and topics! I took my biggest buck last Wednesday on my last opportunity to bow hunt for the early season. I have been hunting as much as i could this season and passed on many smaller bucks and does in hopes of connecting with a bigger buck. I was beginning to think i would get shut out, i was 10 minutes from getting out of the stand when i could smell a buck but didn't see him initially. He came in behind me 5 minutes later (i think he was hanging in some thick brush making him invisible). When he came in behind me he started working on a scrape, and had no intention of taking the trail that would have given me a 15 yard shot, instead he stayed in some cover but took a slight turn to step into an opening at 7 yards...i watched him run 25 yards and stop, i was praying he wouldn't go any further and he just fell over. I honestly had no idea how big or how many pts...once i first saw his rack and realized he was a shooter i never looked at it again. I've been hunting along time and i always get excited when i connect on a shot but this was special! I was smiling before this pic was taken believe me!! 

Bilowbow.jpg

• Like 36

Thats amazing!!!!!.  We have deer running around our property just like him.  Seen him everyday the last couple days of bow and earlier in November and trail cams, he must have went into hiding once the gun shots started.  hope to have your luck this weekend.  Cheers

• 4 weeks later...