Is the rut over in hudsonvalley?

travisrage

Minimal pics of bucks. Tons of solo does now with fawns in several locations. Haven't seen any daylight photos of bucks since last wed.

What are you guys seeing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In 3N seen many bucks and does in seeking phase on Nov. 11. One 8 pt. buck chasing a doe on Friday the 18th at 11am. One lone 5 pt. buck downwind of 3 doe on the 21st at dusk...not very interested in them. Last daytime pics were early last week. They are out during daytime just not getting them on cams. Still hoping to come across this buck soon.

Not much on cams from last weekend of bow season to opening day of rifle in 3J. Had 4 doe bedded down for 5 hours by my stand and nothing came as well as the land owner seeing 6 doe and no bucks following. In 3M I found a nice big scrape as well as busting a huge buck right by the scrape. Im hoping the rut isnt over, but it was weird to see so many doe with no buck anywhere in sight. 

• Like 1

On 11/22/2016 at 5:04 PM, travisrage said:

Minimal pics of bucks. Tons of solo does now with fawns in several locations. Haven't seen any daylight photos of bucks since last wed.

What are you guys seeing?

What are you seeing with boots on the ground? Still seeing bucks with a nose up a does a$$? Most folks are still seeing activity. A cam will only show you what happened while you weren't there.

Edited by ....rob

Saw 7 does today without any bucks and then I saw a small short tine ten grunting continuously round 730 am. But he was a 2.5. Not sure where or what the mature ones are doing!

So from what I see the 7th to the 16th was the best time. Im gonna say if any does weren't bred yet early to mid dec should be good too?!

• Like 1

I had 2 bucks fighting on my cam last Thursday. Also had a buck on cam this morning come thru my backyard at 8:15, which doesn't happen too often. Of course I was out goose hunting. I've been seeing the does herded up. Scrapes are getting re-opened as well. I'd say def in post rut now. This is on Long Island. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by NonTypical