Season is pretty much done!

InkedLilPiggy

Well after a crossbow season that saw a lot of deer but only a few shot opportunities, which I now wish I had taken, my season is pretty much a wrap.  Been having stomach and chest pains for about 6 months now and finally saw the doc last week.  Turns out it was gall stones not too much smaller than golf balls.  Had the gallbladder removed Monday and got home from the hospital on Tuesday evening.  Now best case scenario i will be back in the woods for the last four days of the late season.  Really wish I took the shots I had during crossbow and filled the freezer when I had the opportunity.  Needless to say I am not happy!

Sorry you were not feeling so great. Good that your surgery went well though. Hopefully you will be able to get out for a couple days before the season is over. 30 seconds is all it takes to turn your season around! Hope you feel better soon! And best of luck when you get back out there!

Well I do hope to hunt hard as soon as I am able to and hopefully I can fill ateast one tag.  I do have a small private spot that only I have rights to hunt.  Hopefully the deer will still be there when I'm ready.  Senty brother in law in there today to pull camera cards and it appears that I still have plenty of deer and actually got a small six on camera that I haven't seen before.  I guess worse case scenario if I don't fill the freezer with venison I will have to get a boat load of small game (rabbit, squirrel, and phesant).  Upside is that wouldean much more time in the woods!

Far better to loose a little deer hunting season than to live by a very limited diet and suffer through tons of agony . Just keep an eye for the nearest bathroom for a while till you find out what you can and can't eat. Fatty foods will be your worst enemy your future. Ex lax will never be needed again, LOL.

• Like 1