its not about just shooting a deer

tommyc50

i hope some of you can relate to what im saying i had a good season although i didnt get a deer im going for a knee replacement tomarrow so my seasons over but i seen deer got busted by a doe fri before opening day 30 yds with the bow seen a buck opening day one antler unicorn you believe it  i seen deer almost every day i seen a ton of turkeys rabbits and a pheasant and a woodcock had the best time afield i still feel good a deer would have been nice but im satified with the season

• Like 15

It's always fun and great to be in the outdoors where we feel we belong. Good luck on the knee, I'm sure your operation will be routine and you will be back in no time. Rehab is very important, the harder you work the better off you will be. 

Edited by nycredneck

Usually before this time of year I want to get away from work, cars, traffic, wegmans and just people in general.  Kind of a problem I have.  I used to park my truck at a trail head and back pack trails around this time of year until I started hunting.  I have made so many stories (mainly to tell my kids) this year hunting.  I've also been able to spend more time with my family even though I hunt every single chance I get.  I love it and haven't put any meat in the freezer yet this year.  It's about the experience even though I myself rationalize it by saying I hunt for the meat or the quality of the meat over store bought.  Disconnect and surprise yourself.  Hunt the way you can and don't regret it.  Glad that we can replace knees these days.  Hope your better soon.  Get back out there

• Like 2

Good luck with the knee surgery. I am too busy to spend enough time at camp to harvest a deer. This year it was a total of 4 days. I was lucky last year getting two on opening day. This year not so lucky. I signed over the doe permit to my brother. 4 deer killed at camp so there is meat. I just love being out there enjoying every moment. From the first-light of the sun, the chattering of the squirrels and the fly overs of the Canadian Geese. It just rejuvenates my sole like nothing else. Enjoy every minute of it and bring a kid along!

• Like 1

Hey good luck hope it all works out and next season you are back in the woods.

I went to the doctors a few weeks ago for my cortisone shot in both knees and he comes out with a box and tells me to open it. I said just what I always wanted a knee in a box can I have 2?

I hope you have a speedy recovery from the surgery.

I have always said it's about being outdoors and enjoying is as much as it killing a deer. Last Saturday will be etched into my top 5 hunts. It was the g/f's first actual hunt on private land. On the walk in a doe and her fawn trotted out onto the trail and played for about two or three minutes before just trotting off casually. After they were well out of site over a ridge, I turned around and my g/f was big eyed and a smile from ear to ear. First deer she has seen while actually hunting. Look on her face made the hunt worth it even though we didn't see a buck.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, ....rob said:

I hope you have a speedy recovery from the surgery.

I have always said it's about being outdoors and enjoying is as much as it killing a deer. Last Saturday will be etched into my top 5 hunts. It was the g/f's first actual hunt on private land. On the walk in a doe and her fawn trotted out onto the trail and played for about two or three minutes before just trotting off casually. After they were well out of site over a ridge, I turned around and my g/f was big eyed and a smile from ear to ear. First deer she has seen while actually hunting. Look on her face made the hunt worth it even though we didn't see a buck.

And moments like this are what it is really all about!!!   Awesome Rob!!!

1 hour ago, tommyc50 said:

Thank you everyone for your support and comments had my sugery wed some pain but it's gets better every day 

Glad to hear the surgery went well and I hope for a full recovery for you for next season !  Now .... any DMP's you need filled ?  LOL ( a little humor , very little)