its not about just shooting a deer

tommyc50

well to be honest for me it is all about shooting deer. i surely don't go to the supermarket just for the ambience. If i didnt get a deer i would consider it a disastrous season. hope the healing goes well. i am waiting for deer season to be over with before i have rotater cuff surgery. i wouldnt afford the time from my shopping for surgery.sure being in the woods is the best but without the harvest your just a hiker

24 minutes ago, vizslas said:

well to be honest for me it is all about shooting deer. i surely don't go to the supermarket just for the ambience. If i didnt get a deer i would consider it a disastrous season. hope the healing goes well. i am waiting for deer season to be over with before i have rotater cuff surgery. i wouldnt afford the time from my shopping for surgery.sure being in the woods is the best but without the harvest your just a hiker

Lol.. Well I  guess I'm just a tree hugging hiker this year..unless a nice buck shows up before the end of next Sunday . .1st year in 25 I have gone without a deer..Also 1st year I wasn't  hungry either. I still have a deer vacuum packed in freezer I'm still working on . I do have a really itchy trigger finger though.. Who knows what may go  down during the last weekend of mzl..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ncountry said:

Lol.. Well I  guess I'm just a tree hugging hiker this year..unless a nice buck shows up before the end of next Sunday . .1st year in 25 I have gone without a deer..Also 1st year I wasn't  hungry either. I still have a deer vacuum packed in freezer I'm still working on . I do have a really itchy trigger finger though.. Who knows what may go  down during the last weekend of mzl..

I have been there.  Last year i suffered with a double ear infection , first week of October i didn't even get in the woods until November. It was a one deer year. Hunting was tough last year for me .I hate being just a tree huger. Thank goodness for vacuum sealers. best-est invention ever next to my muzzle loader

• Like 1

Best of luck with your recovery!  I go in Jan 3rd for right knee replacement, then three months later, my left.  Hope to be 100% by next October.  Most people I know who have gone this route have been extremely happy they did!  Keep us posted on your progress and again, good luck!  

I agree it's not just about getting meat in the freezer. This year was a memorable year and I am blessed to have the opportunity and the ability to hunt with my friends and son. Some of my most treasured memories are hunting with my dad and brother, hopefully someday, my son will look back and say the same. We managed two put two doe in the freezer. 

This year I had the opportunity to harvest a few doe but no buck. So no blood.

But on the positive side I hunted with my 16 year old 5x & glad he chose to spend quality time with his old man rather than hang with friends & watch TV or who knows.

i know for sure next season there wil be more meat in the freezer but again the memories I have with my son 20 feet up in the stand are more valuable than zero harvest....

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
 i hope some of you can relate to what im saying i had a good season although i didnt get a deer im going for a knee replacement tomarrow so my seasons over but i seen deer got busted by a doe fri before opening day 30 yds with the bow seen a buck opening day one antler unicorn you believe it  i seen deer almost every day i seen a ton of turkeys rabbits and a pheasant and a woodcock had the best time afield i still feel good a deer would have been nice but im satified with the season

I'm new to this forum. Just saw your story. More importantly. How's your knee?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk