Boreas pond article

raymerlo

This is important  to us.. It still burns my @## that the state  is just getting around to establishing land use practice on 10s of thousands of acres they bought outright  or easements on localy  over 10 years ago.(long pond easement,grass river,etc..) Imo if we"state" buys forest land of any significant size it needs to be open to hunting.

• Like 2

What amazes me is that something as important as this only got one reply,still need comments from the so called concerned sportsman,all they have to do is google Boreas Pond and read what is happening.there are thousands of acres involved. We have to get them classified wild forest not forever wild.Only 1 percent of the people will get to use these lands,the older generation and the handicapped will be shut out...Ray

We have until Dec 30th to comment on this area, please take the time to encourage our representatives to allow hunting and general public assess to this area! 

Thanks for any help, a simple e-mail will help requesting this area is designated a wild forest vs forever wild.

Thanks again and thanks to Raymerlo for posting this information!!!

Friends:

If you have not already done so I ask you and your constituents to take 2 minutes and submit your comments.

The  public Hearings just concluded in Albany on 12/7. We had a good turnout in Albany!

I would encourage individuals to make their comments in favor of Alternative 1 including maintain access through both the Boreas Ponds and the East & West Mcintyre tracts. 
Comments must be submitted by 12/30/16 to    [email protected]. 
or Mail to : Kathy Regan
                  APA
                  PO Box 99
                  1133 State Route 86
                  Ray Brook, NY 12977

We have put a lot of time in to get alternative 1,all the others will shut out 99 percent of us,this is important,send in your comments before the 30th...Ray