After season

nodeerhere

10 minutes ago, nodeerhere said:

Ok guys I am just trying to get some ideas to maybe start getting ready for next season alittle earlier. What do u guys do to get ready for next season after the last day of this season? 

Start eating venison......

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, ATbuckhunter said:

Ill be going through my gear to make sure its alright as well as adding a couple ladder stands to the arsenal if I can. And maybe if im lucky Ill be hunting on my own property next year. 

keep an eye on craigslist i picked up three new in the boxes for less then half there price.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ATbuckhunter said:

Ill be going through my gear to make sure its alright as well as adding a couple ladder stands to the arsenal if I can. And maybe if im lucky Ill be hunting on my own property next year. 

Good luck to u. Hope u get that property. It's nice having ur own piece of heaven!! 

Squirrel hunting and firewood gathering.

And, of course, thoroughly checking and organizing all the hunting gear so it doesn't end up being left for the last minute at the end of September next year when the grass needs mowing, the chimney needs cleaning, and a million other things take up all my time.

10 minutes ago, nodeerhere said:

What kinda bow? 

I think im gonna do an Elite Synergy this year , I thought about doing another Pure because my 3D rig shoots so good , part of decision depends on the deals i can find once i start looking , i never buy new .

1 hour ago, nodeerhere said:

Zag what is hinge cut? 

I have an area I'm trying to enhance bedding and cover so hinge cutting is where you cut the tree just over half way thru, just enough for it to come down and still be intact to the trunk. Depending on the tree and the cut the tree can live a few yrs providing food and cover.

Apply what I learned this year about deer movements. Habitat on 2 sides of me changed this year, from bedding to feeding (neighbors bulldozed bedding areas and turned them into cornfields!), so I wasn't sure what to expect this year. Learned a lot. Will relocate stands.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk