Who's giving it a go this week and late season with bow or muzzleloader

rob-c

I still have a DMP, I'd like to fill. And will be out, at times during the next two weekends. But this is a very busy family time of the year as well. So I need to divide my time between the two, at this point of the season. It's been a great season for me so far! But I still always hate to see it end.

I'm going to take a day off this week and try again this weekend if we don't get hammered with lake effect snow. God I hope not, not ready for that crap.  It's been a frustrating year for us. We are on new property and didn't get in until September, it's been a tough go, lots of deer on cameras but haven't seen a nice buck while on stand other than a decent 8 at 70 yards in October. Tons of does though, so hopefully another one is going in the freezer on Saturday.

41 minutes ago, rob-c said:

well I plan on giving it a last run at it I am taking this wed.  off and will get out the last weekend of regular and last weekend of late season. We gave the lease a 2 week break so hopefully we will get some action. 

Funny i did same exact thing, gave property a break for 2 weeks then will go at it again for last week of reg. then following week with ML.

28 minutes ago, FatBoyD said:

I'm going to take a day off this week and try again this weekend if we don't get hammered with lake effect snow. God I hope not, not ready for that crap.  It's been a frustrating year for us. We are on new property and didn't get in until September, it's been a tough go, lots of deer on cameras but haven't seen a nice buck while on stand other than a decent 8 at 70 yards in October. Tons of does though, so hopefully another one is going in the freezer on Saturday.

FatboyD

we are pretty much in the same boat as you , we got our lease late sept last year . I have learned a bunch  this year on how the deer are using the land. Tons of deer and have had opportunities and a few missed shots by my son and wife .   Next year we should have a handle on our lease and hopefully have a good year. 

I will be out next Sunday. We always do drives on the last day, its fun hunting while talking and making noise. My stand hunting is down for the year. I highly doubt I will be out for the late season. It just gets too busy between getting ready for snowmobile season and family/holiday obligations.

Hopefully I can get out at least a couple days this week and at least once next week .

Wife's Birthday is Sunday and we are helping with The Christmas Sharing Program at church . A grandson is graduating from Clarkson and we will be there on Dec 16 & 17 .  I have had plenty of time to hunt but only cahed in on a couple does . It would be great to take a couple more . 

I have been taking a break since the 26th. Got my third deer that day and still have the regular season buck tag,which will turn into either sex for MZ. Might go out before Mz season or not. Hope to spend another night at my buddy's camp last weekend of Muzzleloader. I do enjoy the late hunting,seems like the deer are almost back to normal behaviour by then.

I have all my tags to fill yet. 

I took this weekend off to give the place a break "mainly from the drive pressure of the neighbors" and to get things done. Ill go out this coming weekend and ML weekend for sure. 

I will check the trail cams this week for the weekend sets and go from there. I see some good bucks still being taken all around. 

• Like 1

I have all of the late ML season off, been sick as a dog for over a week now and never left the house after I got home from work Friday until this morning when I left for work. So I'm gonna give it hell for 11 days straight starting this Saturday...hopefully I will have shaken this rotten cold loose by then.

28 minutes ago, BigMedicine said:

I have all of the late ML season off, been sick as a dog for over a week now and never left the house after I got home from work Friday until this morning when I left for work. So I'm gonna give it hell for 11 days straight starting this Saturday...hopefully I will have shaken this rotten cold loose by then.

Best of luck to you! I've been incapacitated for the entire season and just recently set the walking cane aside. At this point I don't see any value in even buying a license. I plan on being back next year though, God willing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LET EM GROW said:

I have all my tags to fill yet. 

I took this weekend off to give the place a break "mainly from the drive pressure of the neighbors" and to get things done. Ill go out this coming weekend and ML weekend for sure. 

I will check the trail cams this week for the weekend sets and go from there. I see some good bucks still being taken all around. 

I only filled one doe tag just to have a little meat in the freezer, need one more or a nice buck. Time will tell.

• Like 2

I only filled one doe tag just to have a little meat in the freezer, need one more or a nice buck. Time will tell.

I wish I shot a doe or 2 early in bow. But I couldn't let her hang with the temperatures and couldn't process her quick due to being busy. I knew wide say this during gun season lol.

My 2 yr old keeps asking me when I return in from hunting if I got any deer, cause she wants to eat deer. Lol and she actually like venison

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• Like 1