Buck Down after Work

vizslas

Today i was getting jittery at work. After mulling it over I decided to hit the boss with the question... Hey man can get out early  sure he says. right on my boss is just about as cool as a rock-star. So I gave thanks and was out .  No camo today , Blue  Jeans and a green  hoodie with work boots. I was glassing the wood line and noticed some funny looking branches i kept on glassing and i saw them odd looking branches again. Now i am thinking something is just not right down there so i pull up my scope and sure as shit ,there he is just standing peeking his head out. He stood facing me for about five minutes  then finally he afforded me a small window of his side as he stepped out into the freshly mowed bean field.Just as fast as that he took it away as fast as he showed it.  Now he is at  best quartering to me at 200 yards. then he did it again he turned  and showed me a perfect pose. right leg back covering the heart. Pow i squeezed one off. well after the smoke cleared  all i saw was an empty field. he went in the same place he came out  and began his forty yard death run. The shot broke the right front leg at the shoulder blade and leg joint went through the heart and made a nice drain hole just about three inches before the breastplate ends at the stomach. thank goodness for cell phones and the flashlight that they have. I had no knife no flashlight... all  the way back to the truck.... so i drove the truck back . my drag was only about a forty yards, it wasnt fun though grape vines and briares   shit that sticks to your clothes, the dry swamp is full of them. i got some picking to do tomorrow

buck down dec 5th 2016 200yrds.jpg

buck rack attack 2.jpg

• Like 32

Thanks  for all the votes on the deer. Yes he was a nice size body and  a pretty good size on his neck, it measured 26 inches.About two inches less than a fat necked 8 point i shot a decade or so ago. So just for shits and giggles I have decided to Euro mount this reckless brawler. It will be a nice reminder of the 200 yard  heart attack. with my 50 cal. that guns been good to me this year two doe  at 120 yards and a 200 buck all in the same field. My new grinder just came yesterday. I sure do like summer sausage ...none of this might never have happened so a shout out to my dad . thanks Pops....