Blue Finn Boat 1980 "ish"

Anyone know much about the value of this boat, sorry I do not have pictures. It is a 21', 115hp evinrude, along side it sets a 9.9 evinrude. Boat is set up with down riggers as well as out riggers i believe. Not exactly sure on year, its a 1980 give or take a year or 2, Im looking for a price to possibly ask and sell this for, or possibly someone here that may be interested in it? 

Long story short, my dad bought this boat, dirt cheap about 4 years ago and slowly rebuilt and restored it with his buddy, back to working shape. This pass March he finally got it water worthy and registered it. Two days later they were both killed in a car accident when a man ran a stop sign. They built this boat for the intentions of trout fishing.. Since then, its been stored at one of his friends, under a cover and tarped ever since. I ask you all here b/c I enjoy talking with everyone, Would anyone here have a possible Value for this boat or maybe even an offer to take this off our hands? We are trying to sell it and settle his estate. 

Please, & Thanks in advance!

Bryan  

• Like 1

Anyone know much about the value of this boat, sorry I do not have pictures. It is a 21', 115hp evinrude, along side it sets a 9.9 evinrude. Boat is set up with down riggers as well as out riggers i believe. Not exactly sure on year, its a 1980 give or take a year or 2, Im looking for a price to possibly ask and sell this for, or possibly someone here that may be interested in it? 

Long story short, my dad bought this boat, dirt cheap about 4 years ago and slowly rebuilt and restored it with his buddy, back to working shape. This pass March he finally got it water worthy and registered it. Two days later they were both killed in a car accident when a man ran a stop sign. They built this boat for the intentions of trout fishing.. Since then, its been stored at one of his friends, under a cover and tarped ever since. I ask you all here b/c I enjoy talking with everyone, Would anyone here have a possible Value for this boat or maybe even an offer to take this off our hands? We are trying to sell it and settle his estate. 
Bryan  

Sorry for your loss can't imagine it. Stop over to lake ontario United forum they will help you out and possibly a place to sell it quick alot of members from fingerlakes area.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, grampy said:

So sorry for the loss of your dad. In good shape and running order, with all you have listed I'd put the value at $1500 to $2000. Hard to say without seeing the boat though. Good luck with the sale.

I agree around this price if everything is in pristine condition then I would go for $2000 MAYBE $2500 if it is truly pristine.

• Like 1

Sorry for your loss. Like BigVal, I like those too and have watched for them on Craigslist. Nice, wide beam on those things. Makes for a good lake boat. I'm assuming it's a Spectrum?

I'd agree with the $1500-$2500 range depending on condition. 

Got pictures of it?

Edited by Steuben Jerry
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, LET EM GROW said:

Bryan  

if this boat is in great shape like you said it is 21 ft deep v ive owned five diff boats I would star somewhere around 3400 .00 if you could get some pics up I could give you a better idea and I might even be intested in it looking to go a little bigger I have a 19ft with riggers and outriggers and no kicker and was offer 2900 two years ago don't let that boat go to cheap   John 

13323710_1360081974009147_3622553627407229214_o.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks everyone, I really appreciate everything. I do not have pics at the moment, and I have yet to see the boat finished. Next time I'm there I'll get a picture or find someone that can take one for me. It's covered up right now. I'm not aware of the exact condition. I'm not looking to make money off it but I don't want it to go super cheap either. Really looking to get out from under it. Since he has 5 boats and they take up too much room.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Something that would be helpful is the length too. If you have the registration normally the last 2 numbers of the vin are the year or right after the letters in the beginning of the vin. Also the model numbers will tell you the length, so if it's a 160 or something usually that means 16'.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

So the boat is a "spectrum" yes, and has brand new everything. Floor, carpeting, seats and is super clean. and both motors have been gone through and rebuilt. The boat is 19' I believe, the Title says 21, but i dont think they made 21' spectrums. i forgot to check. lol. if anyone is interested or knows anyone..   lets make a deal .

Edited by LET EM GROW

First off get a good estimate on what the motors are worth alone...boat motors are so expensive and with the two different horse powers you have there ...long/short shafts? your money is in them first...I would think...maybe wrong..then figure out what the actual boat may be worth...

http://www.nadaguides.com/Boats/1989/EVINRUDE/Outboard-Motors

if you want me to take a look at the boat and equipment i can give you a pretty good idea of what you should expect to get out of the boat as a package deal.  may even have some contacts interested in buying the right boat.......  no not me as I already have 4 boats and not really in the market for another one LOL. 

• 3 months later...

So I took some pics everyone, since i dont have the registration since it was lost in the car accident. I dont know exact length of the boat, and did not measure it. I believe it is 18 long'. It has a re-tuned 115 hp Evinrude, as well as a 9.9 Evinrude for trolling. Boat has bimini cover, down and out riggers. New upholster, just needs a good cleaning from only being tarped and not used in awhile. I believe the year of boat is 1981. Everything worked and ran as it should the week of his accident. The boat hasnt been touched since. besides re locating a few times, If anyone has a better idea of its worth, or a possible offer? Need it gone

Resized_20170220_161528.jpeg

Resized_20170220_162127.jpeg

Resized_20170220_162154.jpeg

Resized_20170220_162207.jpeg

Resized_20170220_162234(1).jpeg

So I took some pics everyone, since i dont have the registration since it was lost in the car accident. I dont know exact length of the boat, and did not measure it. I believe it is 18 long'. It has a re-tuned 115 hp Evinrude, as well as a 9.9 Evinrude for trolling. Boat has bimini cover, down and out riggers. New upholster, just needs a good cleaning from only being tarped and not used in awhile. I believe the year of boat is 1981. Everything worked and ran as it should the week of his accident. The boat hasnt been touched since. besides re locating a few times, If anyone has a better idea of its worth, or a possible offer? Need it gone
Resized_20170220_161528.jpeg
Resized_20170220_162127.jpeg
Resized_20170220_162154.jpeg
Resized_20170220_162207.jpeg
Resized_20170220_162234(1).jpeg

Post this on LOU. IMO the title issue hurts a little bit as it may be a pain to get (not 100% sure). But looks as it is a nice fishing boat i bet it would sell quick over there. If you want to pm me I could list over there for you if you would like or could help you get started on LOU...there are a few of us over on that forum to may be worth the shot

I agree with the motors selling if there was an issue. I believe since the estate is still open its easier to get this thing sold. As in getting reggys and titles. Not 100% but I'm most certain. What is LOU? Lol

• Like 2

I agree with the motors selling if there was an issue. I believe since the estate is still open its easier to get this thing sold. As in getting reggys and titles. Not 100% but I'm most certain. What is LOU? Lol

LOU is Lake Ontario United. another forum online many of the guys are out of the fingerlakes and Rochester region. Seems like good boats priced right don't last long over there from what I have seen.