Score question

Tarheelsaint

Beautiful buck...I love those gnarly antlers...

It's not going to score real high due to deductions and relatively short tines...I think it would be a stretch to score 120 (net)..

However, it would be the buck of a lifetime for many hunters, myself included ..Congrats, my friend....

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Gencountyzeek said:

I'd say mid 120's gross maybe 130, he's pretty symmetrical. Awsome deer. I bet he nets low 120's.  I have a 5x3 8pt on the wall that grossed 122 netted 111, mines taller but that buck is wider, more points, which means more measurements. Awsome deer.

I just don't see it. maybe 4" average circumference measurements. 3" G-1 and g-2's (figuring a 6" ear)  with the tallest tines 6", 15" spread, maybe 18" beams?

• Like 1

Thanks everyone for the input! This is the first deer i have ever thought about putting on the wall and i have been hunting for 30 years! I appreciate how opportunities like this do not come around often. Thanks again for all your comments. Have a great holiday and good luck the rest of this season!!

The 4-9-7 rule is a good practice to hit the magical 125" mark for an 8 assuming normal mass length and spread.

10s can make up for some shortcomings to hit that mark.

My guess is it'll fall 115-120 gross.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1