best/worst game animal you've eaten?

rachunter

8 hours ago, wildcat junkie said:

Merganser!

5 hours ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Assuming that's the worst and not your best you've had   

6 hours ago, wildcat junkie said:

I didn't see the best part.

Best would be quail breast medallions suateed in butter, worst, as before merganser.

Yep merganser wasn't the best. We tried eating one when I was a teenager just starting small game hunting. Coot/mudhen wasn't much better.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, wildcat junkie said:

Yep merganser wasn't the best. We tried eating one when I was a teenager just starting small game hunting. Coot/mudhen wasn't much better.

have never had a diver duck that was worth more than fertilizer. blah!!! They have  to be on the top of my list as the worst. Caribou was mid list  pretty bland and no where near as good as venison. Would have to put elk and moose at the top for me. 

Worst has to be big old rutting Barren Ground Caribou bull from Alaska.  My brother got one and when I was up there last year visiting him I had some.  It was like eating a shoe soaked in buck lure.  Not a good shoe either.  And a really hot buck lure like Code Red or something.   He asked a native how to cook it to make it better and was told "feed it to the dogs and next time shoot a cow or calf."

• Like 1