S3318 ATV Bill on Transportation Committee Agenda

bpb

Subject: S3318 ATV Bill on Transportation Committee  Agenda 

Your support is needed for this Bill. 

(This is not a normal Legislative alert from the NYSCC  Office.  Notice of this bill being on the committee agenda was not known by  me, until Saturday morning.  This notice was generated by Chuck  Parker) 

The following Bill S3318  Is on the Agenda of the State  Senate Transportation Committee for March 1st 

PURPOSE:

This bill raises the defined weight of an "ATV"  to 1,500 pounds of dry

weight to allow certain "UTV's" to be registered in  New York. 

http://open.nysenate.gov/legislation/bill/S3318-2011 

The Transportation Committee Chairman is Charles J Fuschillo  Jr  8th Senatorial District.  Please contact State Senator Fuschillo and express  your support for this bill.  http://www.nysenate.gov/senator/charles-j-fuschillo-jr/contact .    This needs to be done by Monday February 28th. 

Thank you, 

Chuck Parker 

President, Oswego County Federation of Sportsmen's  Clubs 

1st VP, New York State Conservation  Council

• 1 month later...

I was told that because utv are too heavy to register as an atv and obviously can't be registered as a car that all you need to do is insure the vehicle and put a slow moving vehicle sign on it much like a tractor or other farm vehicle you'd be fine. Am I way off?

• 2 months later...

someone please tell me why this is a good bill? you pay the regestration fee and what do you get for it. there is no public place to ride ! just another money grab for ny .

Exactly right why register an atv if you can use them on a road. I bought 2 atv about 12 yrs ago at Rusty Palmers in Pennsylvania I live on the other side of the Delaware in N.Y They delivered the quads to my house and I never registered them. Just use them on my property and during hunting season. Why should I pay NYS for that.

Dave

As I recall, there was nobody opposing the original worthless money-grab registration law, and I'll bet that no one will oppose this one either. They're pretty much free to screw us anyway they want to ........ right?

They (NYS legislators) have one mindset in this state..... If you can buy it, there is some form of tax or fee money to be ripped off the purchasers. So now they want to go after UTVs. There's no reason to be surprised or to expect anything else.