Yesterday I dragged my dads last deer

Buckmaster7600

This is absolutely devastating, so sorry for your loss but find solace in the fact that he went quickly with you at his side and in the woods where we all belong.

PS If you need any thing out of the ordinary that a stranger could help with let me or any of your fellow 518ers know.

Edited by Doewhacker
  • Like 4

My condolences to you and your family. Although a sad story, I can't help but takeaway the positives of how your family is fortunate to be so close; that you, your brother and your father were able to hunt together; and that your father's illness did not prevent from doing what he enjoyed.

BM,  so sorry for your loss, you and your family will be in my prayers and thoughts. Your dad sounds like a great man and from your posts it is evident that his outstanding passion, attitude, and character has molded you into the man you are today. Cherish all the memories as it sounds like there have been many great ones over the years. God bless.

• Like 1

That was a very hard read for me Buckmaster, as i fight my tears to write this down i can only imagine the pain you and your family are enduring. I just thank God that you and your brother were able to comfort your dad prior to him passing. My prayers and thoughts will be with you and your family. Stay strong brother.

When my time comes I can't think of a better way/time to go.

My Wife's step father died several weeks back watching the Cubs playing the world series. His passing was similarly peaceful.

Perhaps the knowledge that he went doing something he loved will make his passing easier for you.

Buckmaster, sorry to hear of your loss. Like others, I'm at a loss for words, but can't help but feel your dad was a very fortunate man to have gone the way he did, doing what he loved with those he loved. Cherish the memories.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk