Yesterday I dragged my dads last deer

Buckmaster7600

I am sorry to hear about your dad.  He has been in my prayers since you let us know of his illness back in October.  I even sent a few, from up on a certain Adirondack ridge, where almost all my other prayers had been answered.   It is hard to imagine a better way to go than doing what you love with your boy's by your side.   Nobody can take those memories away.  Hang in there, be strong, and keep the Faith.             

• Like 2

I'm not much for words in a time like this so I'll just repeat what others (and you) said that your father died doing what I assume was one of the most important things in his life other than his family, you are all truly blessed for that.  No hospice, hospitals, nurses, doctors machines etc at his side.  Just his two boys, comforting him in their efforts.  I hope his passing was as quick as it seems, suffering little and worrying less.

Now, just think of the good times, that's probably what he'd want.  :)

• Like 4

Deepest condolences, words can not express my sorrow for you and your family Buckmaster7600.  You are in my prayers. 

Your father sounded like a beam of light in a sea of darkness with an iron will.  He was truly blessed with going out on his terms.

Again my deepest condolences to you and your family.

RIP

To me your dad's passing had an extra dimension of meaning, not just because he was a brother deer hunter, but because he died precisely on the Full Super Moon, a very rare astronomical, cosmic moment indeed. Last time the moon was this close and full was 1948 the year I was born.  The whitetail's rut and many other behaviors IMO are fine tuned by the full moon. I do not know what it all means. Just wanted to point it out that it certainly happened.

Please accept my condolences.  I'm very sad to hear this. 

My father is almost 84 and in poor health and I dread the day. 

He told me this one day not long ago after receiving last rights and I told him, "I'm not ready pop" 

He looked me dead in the eye and said, "This is how it's supposed to be son. You're a parent, I know you understand, I don't want to bury another child." 

I understand. 

I also know that there's not much solace in most words written here, but I would be OK leaving this life that way, with a deer and my sons. 

I'm sitting here sad and selfishly thinking to myself, im so fortunate to still have my father.  Im so very sorry for you and your family's loss.  Im happy you are finding some peace in these unfortunate circumstances.  As you perfectly stated, we don't know when our time is up.  We can however, hug our loved ones more.  It was nice of you to share this with us, hang in there my friend, we are always here if you need us...

• Like 3

Like to think of all us hunters as a brotherhood or part of a tribe. When a member is called away by the Hunting Gods, have to think they're still looking upon us with pleasant memories and hopes of us continuing in their footsteps! We all are grieving with you! Heartfelt sorrow and condolences go out to you, your family and your dad's friends!

• Like 1

Nothing said can ever ease the pain of losing a loved one. I am of an age where I have watched much of my family and nearly all of my old friends pass. It is never easy, but being granted the grace of dying suddenly doing an activity that filled most of his life with peace and passion was a special gift. I have known so many who were not blessed with that kind of merciful departure.

Buckmaster, I'm so sorry for your loss. I wish you and your family the very best through these times, and as a hunting community ill speak for all/most, we are here to support for times like these.
In reading this,it brought a few tears to my eyes(really) remembering the times with my hunting partner/best friend, being my father as well.. Stay strong brother.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk