deer everywhere

vizslas

Ever since the wind broke I have been itching to get out. Well today is Friday and I am thinking, that what a better day to take off an hour early from work  Perfect day to hunt, at least that's what i am thinking.The boss gave me the go ahead and I split Now  Its snowing pretty good by the time i get on stand, and the field i am watching is a cut bean field 200yards deep by 185 yards wide. The ground blind  sits front and center of this field, next to a couple of clumps of hard woods.After a half hour or so i look right and to my amazement what do I see as I watch the far wood-line through the snow are four tiny white tail deer stepping out. Now there were two yearlings and a doe with a four point. i pondered what to do as i packed up my gear in anticipation for my next move witch I was sure at this point was going to be going down there to see what happened.after the shot  well after i decided to shoot the buck and leave the mama to her babies I waited for the shot. I ranged them at 170 yards. The buck was stubborn about it. finally he offered me a good shot at his vitals. pa pow goes the muzzle loader. The young bucks drops to the ground and the others stood there in amazement, by the time I got another bullet down the barrel they were gone. So I go finish my business.check the range again from the gut pile and it sure was 170 yards. So here I am all packed up and dragging and I look up and there are 6 deer standing there. Shame there were houses on the other side and a road. I told them to split  thanked them for a good year and then wished them well. one stayed for a few seconds as the other ones ran off, he joined them eventually. Again here I am dragging a deer through the field and I stop to look behind me and what do I see . Hmmm I think coyote.maybe i should prime her back up. , nope more deer. two this time. they never left the field.  after a bit i walk back to the car and check the field one more time . Low and behold its the mother of all deer conventions. Sixteen or so deer just standing about 150 yards or so from the front of my car just doin what deer do . Crazy that they all seemed to give a rats ass that I was there.

muzzzleloader 7.jpg

dueling bucks 2016.jpg

• Like 8