After season trail camera pictures

Buck_shooter

This year I'm going to try to put some trail cameras out after season to see what bucks made it through. I've never had great luck getting pictures of bucks in the winter and was wondering what advice anyone may be able to offer. Most of my areas don't have a defined bedding area or feeding area. The spots are thick with tree tops and brush piles and loaded with mast trees that produced unbelievable amounts of nuts this year. Food and cover are everywhere so it's almost impossible to pinpoint where they're going to be at any time. Is there any way to legally attract them to a camera location? I get huge bucks on camera in the fall on scrapes so I know they're around but outside of breeding season they become ghosts. 

If your area is fields and blocks of woods find trails from bedding to feed. If your hunting big woods is much different. Our big woods property has mature oak trees over most of it so they can feed almost anywhere making it tough to hunt and setup cams. Bedding you still can narrow down but if you don't have much bedding they probably herd up elsewhere making it tough to inventory bucks. Looks for blocks of pines and low cover areas that they can browse on during deeper snow.