Bucks!

NFA-ADK

These are some of the larger deer I have seen taken in NY this year.  First pic still has the jury out as to the legitimacy of the animal and how it was taken.  No facts so I will not point a finger.  (LI)  Second pic was in Prattsville area, third pic was my buddy's friend who did NOT miss the shot that my buddy did (LI) and the last shot is of a member at my archery range (Catskill area).  All with bow except for 2nd picture, not sure of weapon used but I think it was gun.  1-2 and 4 are just slobs that any hunter in NY would be proud of and #3 is pretty nice also!  This is not to mention all the brutes on other sites like www.NYantleroutdoors.com 

Some real amazing deer in NY if they can get some age! 

1.jpg

2.JPG

3.jpg

4.JPG

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, vizslas said:

The first pic looks Photoshoped his left hand is not even holding the antler. With that mass it would be a little heavy for just the three fingers of his right hand. I vote phony

Sent from my XT1028 using Tapatalk

Maybe. Blood on fingers on the other hand and my be resting on the truck?  I would say out of state Buck if I were to guess but. Who really knows????

Edited by Four Season Whitetails

The first pic they went to close so as to make it look larger.  It is not the legitimacy of the pic in question it is if it was taken in fair chase.  I have no facts so it is what it is.  The pic is distorted due to being so close to make it look larger.

Well if NYS it would be nice if they put the tags on their deer ,at home or point of transportation I believe it reads .

Only one of those pics got any hits on tineye, the one in the pick up, he posted it on Instragram 11/30/16 , under #deerseason. I scrolled for a few minutes and only got three days back, sorry I don't have time to scroll back to 11/30 .

34 minutes ago, Larry302 said:

Well if NYS it would be nice if they put the tags on their deer ,at home or point of transportation I believe it reads .

how do you know they are not tagged? Are you assuming they have to be tagged on the antlers? I always tag mine through the rear hock where I would have to cut anyway to hang it. Zipped tied right to the leg. 

• Like 2

I can tell you the #2 and 4 pics where right after the kill so no tag needed until dragged out to the vehicle.  In so far as finding them on the web you probably will not, many of these deer never get posted EVER!   They feel if they advertise where they took the deer it will all change.  The last buck #4 was a direct results of NYS DEC setting up fake deer and catching poachers!  Now that the land is not being poached all of a sudden larger class of deer are present who would  have thought!   Thanks NYS DEC!!!

I can tell you they are all NYS deer.  That is a fact.

Edited by NFA-ADK
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, chefhunter86 said:

So the first deer may not have been fair chase but is ny so you mean it may have been poached

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do not know the guy so I can not say.  Never got the full story on this deer.  Don't want to point fingers without knowing for sure. 

58 minutes ago, NFA-ADK said:

I do not know the guy so I can not say.  Never got the full story on this deer.  Don't want to point fingers without knowing for sure. 

I do have to say, though, posting with him in the pic, the deer and saying basically that you heard something wasn't right about the kill but since you don't know for sure you aren't saying.......you already said 

51 minutes ago, NFA-ADK said:

Take it for what it is a really nice buck from Long Island.  I let the DEC do the work of legitimacy.  Just because something about is fishy does not mean it was illegal.

The way you tossed it out there, I bet many read that into it. That was all I was saying. 

Tha part in bold. Sure is sad that we now live in a place and time where it is guilty until proven innocent. 

• Like 1

As for tags , yes some tag on rear hock , most bucks I've seen are antler tagged though . Now on these pics you can't see all of the deers  bodies , so yes they all could have tagged the hocks , seems odd but could be .

its something I've been looking at lately as there has been many pics posted here this year where one can see all of the buck, antlers to hoofs, hanging in yards and in p/u and racks and I cant find a tag anywhere .

Lots of giant Westchester (3S) bucks taken again this year that don't get posted much. The NYS archery typical is from 3S and it ever gets broken, I bet it comes from 3S. 

If they ever allow xbows in 3S, I'll be posting 125"+ every single year.

3 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Lots of giant Westchester (3S) bucks taken again this year that don't get posted much. The NYS archery typical is from 3S and it ever gets broken, I bet it comes from 3S. 

Easy Stubby.  Lol

3 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Why is 3s any different than other areas of the state in terms of allowing xbows?   

I often tag deer by shoving the tag down their mouth, for whatever that's worth.  

8 hours ago, NFA-ADK said:

These are some of the larger deer I have seen taken in NY this year.  First pic still has the jury out as to the legitimacy of the animal and how it was taken.  No facts so I will not point a finger.  (LI)  Second pic was in Prattsville area, third pic was my buddy's friend who did NOT miss the shot that my buddy did (LI) and the last shot is of a member at my archery range (Catskill area).  All with bow except for 2nd picture, not sure of weapon used but I think it was gun.  1-2 and 4 are just slobs that any hunter in NY would be proud of and #3 is pretty nice also!  This is not to mention all the brutes on other sites like www.NYantleroutdoors.com 

Some real amazing deer in NY if they can get some age! 

1.jpg

2.JPG

3.jpg

4.JPG

There's a heck of a trophy buck bedded just to the right of the tree in picture number 3..........he HAS to be in area 3S.  :)

Edited by Lawdwaz

Why is 3s any different than other areas of the state in terms of allowing xbows?   
I often tag deer by shoving the tag down their mouth, for whatever that's worth.  

No guns allowed in 3S and no xbows allowed in 3S. It's a shame because, although private, there are many tracks of large acreage. I can understand no guns, but the no xbows doesn't make sense. Although not farm fields in westchester, I think the reason for all the big bucks is age. Lots of places for them to get old. Many big ones posted this year on Instagram from westchester. I don't have access to the pope and young record books but I would guess westchester has as many entries as any other County in NY.

8 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

No guns allowed in 3S and no xbows allowed in 3S. It's a shame because, although private, there are many tracks of large acreage. I can understand no guns, but the no xbows doesn't make sense. Although not farm fields in westchester, I think the reason for all the big bucks is age. Lots of places for them to get old. Many big ones posted this year on Instagram from westchester. I don't have access to the pope and young record books but I would guess westchester has as many entries as any other County in NY.

You should learn to shoot a bow if you can hunt there.  Not really that hard to become proficient with a compound.   Or just get me access. Lol

it does seem odd that if archery is permitted xbows are not.  Same set back rules. 

Edited by moog5050
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

You should learn to shoot a bow if you can hunt there.  Not really that hard to become proficient with a compound.   Or just get me access. Lol

it does seem odd that if archery is permitted xbows are not.  Same set back rules. 

No Doubt  Biz. If there are that kind of animals there and you can get to them a bow and winter league would have you in fine form for fall.....

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Cross guns shouldn't be allowed. Keep them out. Shoot it with a bow! Rather a compound or a recurve or a long bow! A bow! Something u actually have to draw! U know a little skill. 20-30 yrs max. Not aim and shoot 50-60 yrs. I mean might as well give u a gun at that point.

• Like 2