Crossbow/gun and whitetail population

nodeerhere

19 minutes ago, greg54 said:

What is a crossbow/gun? Is it a crossbow with a gun attached to it? :dontknow:

9 minutes ago, nodeerhere said:

Why more impact. Every gun hunter can pick up a cross gun and go not the woods and kill a deer. U will have lots more people in the woods because it's a point an am and squeeze type of deal. Leave bow hunting alone. I've already heard this year from a few of my buddy's who were hunting with there bows that cross gun hunters were just walking around like they had shotguns. I'm not saying u can't hunt from the ground with a reg bow but ur not walking. Ur sneaking. 

please post a photo of one so I can tell if it is an over under or side by side

Edited by wolc123

18 minutes ago, greg54 said:

What is a crossbow/gun? Is it a crossbow with a gun attached to it? :dontknow:

A cross gun is a gun with a bow like aperatius attached to it! U know u shoulder it like a gun, u aim it like a gun, u take the safety off like a gun, u squeeze the trigger like a gun!!! And u cock it. Not draw it like a bow. Meaning u don't have to draw it and hold it until u release. I mean u might be able to hold it for a min if ur tough enough. That implement u guys want to put in bow season sure sounds like a gun to me. So that is a cross gun!

13 minutes ago, nodeerhere said:

I'll give u kills with a string. And that's it. A cocked string. The arrow is called a bolt. And who is anybody kidding? This this is way more like a gun the a bow. C'mon man !!!!!

Why not be a little more creative, and call it a "Bolt Bazooka"!

They call us the elite yet they want to change thing so they have an advantage.  Sounds like the shoe is on the other foot. 

We as bow hunters are trying to preserve how bow hunting is now, that is all.  Coming changes will include X bow so in a few years they can add gun in what was suppose to be an archery only season and why not add muzzle loader into the picture?  This is why we resist these changes.  Bow season was suppose to be for the harder weapon and the X-bow does not fit that description as so many have proved.  It is an easy weapon to use, nothing like a compound, recurve or traditional which requires some strength and skills to become proficient.  The X bow requires none of this that is why we consider it a gun type of weapon.

• Like 6

Look to all u crossbow nuts! I'm not saying there shouldn't be a Season for this weapon. I'm saying leave it out of archery season. I mean all u guys are really asking for is a weapon that shoots further and is easier to operate then an bow. I mean let's hunt at night too! Let's just mow them down! Oh and let's use handguns while hunting at night. There short range weapons! Ya I vote we allow night hunting with hand guns give the deer no chance at all!!!

17 minutes ago, NFA-ADK said:

They call us the elite yet they want to change thing so they have an advantage.  Sounds like the shoe is on the other foot. 

We as bow hunters are trying to preserve how bow hunting is now, that is all.  Coming changes will include X bow so in a few years they can add gun in what was suppose to be an archery only season and why not add muzzle loader into the picture?  This is why we resist these changes.  Bow season was suppose to be for the harder weapon and the X-bow does not fit that description as so many have proved.  It is an easy weapon to use, nothing like a compound, recurve or traditional which requires some strength and skills to become proficient.  The X bow requires none of this that is why we consider it a gun type of weapon.

The ol frog in the pot of water theory , government loves that approach . 

14 minutes ago, nodeerhere said:

Look to all u crossbow nuts! I'm not saying there shouldn't be a Season for this weapon. I'm saying leave it out of archery season. I mean all u guys are really asking for is a weapon that shoots further and is easier to operate then an bow. I mean let's hunt at night too! Let's just mow them down! Oh and let's use handguns while hunting at night. There short range weapons! Ya I vote we allow night hunting with hand guns give the deer no chance at all!!!

You have no problem chasing these things for 3 months one would not think the weapon would really matter. The crossbow already has the best part of the archery season being in the rut so what's the issue?  It can have its own season. The two weeks before opening day of shotgun. 

I think a separate Xbox season after Archery is an ok compromise. This will help keep what little we have left of "traditional " archery intact.. Full inclusion would end up causing compound shooters to eventually dwindle in numbers to a # much like our true traditional hunters of today. If for no other reason than to keep 1 of our hunting traditions intact we need to not fully include xbows.

Also,Imo , full inclusion could just be the start of full inclusion of firearms in the future. That would truly suck!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, nodeerhere said:

A cross gun is a gun with a bow like aperatius attached to it! U know u shoulder it like a gun, u aim it like a gun, u take the safety off like a gun, u squeeze the trigger like a gun!!! And u cock it. Not draw it like a bow. Meaning u don't have to draw it and hold it until u release. I mean u might be able to hold it for a min if ur tough enough. That implement u guys want to put in bow season sure sounds like a gun to me. So that is a cross gun!

Does it shoot arrows and kill by cutting or bullets and kill by shock?  Does it use gunpowder and make lots of noise when fired?  That would be a better way to group it.

I understand why some of you would prefer to leave it like it is (selfish elitism) but the poll on this site showed that the majority of BOWHUNTERS prefer full inclusion.  Christmas is no time for selfishness, so wake up and get with the program.  There are plenty of deer for everyone.  If you don't believe that, come over here and look at all the tracks in the snow.  

Edited by wolc123

You sound bitter, I will pray for you to have a good Christmas.

Keep your prayers. I don't need them from a hypocrite like yourself. You clam you want inclusion but you only want it on your terms.Typical entitlement mentally thinking someone owes you something. Your afforded the same opportunity to bow hunt like all the rest of us but it's not easy enough for you. Tough shit.
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, wolc123 said:

Does it shoot arrows and kill by cutting or bullets and kill by shock?  Does it use gunpowder and make lots of noise when fired?  That would be a better way to group it.

I understand why some of you would prefer to leave it like it is (selfish elitism) but the poll on this site showed that the majority of BOWHUNTERS prefer full inclusion.  Christmas is no time for selfishness, so wake up and get with the program.  There are plenty of deer for everyone.  If you don't believe that, come over here and look at all the tracks in the snow.  

I'm not a crossbow fan.  In fact, the reason I enjoy compound so much is the difficulty in being successful.  I really enjoy the sport of it.  Whether it's a crossbow, crossgun, bazooka or a anything else, one thing is sure, the crossbow is much easier than a compound, just as a rifle is to a shotgun.  Now if you are handicapped or senior citizen absolutely you should be able to use it during archery season.  I'm fortunate, I'm a healthy young man and prefer the more challenging weapon.  To quote Tom Hanks, "It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard ... is what makes it great."  So true!  Btw, A League of Their Own, great movie!

• Like 3

7 hours ago, wolc123 said:

so a poll posted on this site showed that a majority of bowhunters  prefer full inclusion? I would hope you are smart enough to understand that the number of bowhunters on this site is a fraction of a percent of the actual number of bowhunters licensed in ny state. and how many added their desire to have full inclusion that do NOT currently bow hunt ny state, to think that any poll on this site or basically ANY website and say its what so and so group wants is ludicrous.

"selfish elitism" is the reason you claim bow hunters do not want them included, seems that this term is only being used by the group pushing for full inclusion.  the same group that uses - ease of use, need for less practice to be effective, able to be fired from a rest, no drawing motion to alert the deer as reasons for inclusion all  with currently NO additional requirement for bowhunter safety certification..... so who are the ones being selfish?  

i could give 2 craps if they do full inclusion, those that are good bow hunters will still be good bow hunters, those that are lazy and sloppy in their set up and season preparations will likely be evident in their success or lack there of.  unfortunately as with day to day society we have become a generation of people that want everything for nothing or little to no work to get it, basically everyone wants a participation trophy. 

• Like 3