Hunting shows

Trigger518

Sitting here having a saranac legacy ipa watching the outdoor channel and some of these shows and advertisements make me laugh, like the quite cat electric three wheeler, I hunt the adks were most places it wouldn't be allowed anyway but that thing wouldn't get me out of the parking lot in most places. Idk they just seem to push a lot of crazy gear nowadays on you all well, Merry Xmas all.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Uptown Redneck said:

These shows have all turned into "infomercials" 

Big time ! They show the hunter about to take the shot ...but first zoom in on the labels of the equipment they're using. I still watch them ,I like seeing big deer ,even if it's from my living room.

I havn't watched any hunting shows in a few years . I could never stand to listen to Hank Parker with his C'mere Deer crap . He always sounded like a $hit salesman with a mouth full of samples ! 

Another guy I couldn't stand is Jackie Bushwhacker ! What a wuss ! 

• Like 1

I have been around long enough to have had the opportunity to watch the old ABC "American Sportsman" shows hosted by Curt Gowdy. Plain old fashioned hunting using woodsmanship skills, no baited fields, food plots or tree houses-stands or compound bows-crossbows or other fancy equipment. Produced professionally with great guest hunter-fishermen every week, they were well worth watching and and entertaining.

In later years the now defunct weekend hunting-fishing show lineups on ESPN Outdoors and TNN were also done right. Also the now gone Outdoor Life network had some pretty good shows, "Hunting With Hank" upland bird hunting show in my opinion was the best hunting show ever produced.

The hunting shows they broadcast today are for me not worth watching, all about selling stuff.

Al

Edited by airedale

2 hours ago, fasteddie said:

I havn't watched any hunting shows in a few years . I could never stand to listen to Hank Parker with his C'mere Deer crap . He always sounded like a $hit salesman with a mouth full of samples ! 

Another guy I couldn't stand is Jackie Bushwhacker ! What a wuss ! 

Stan Potts is the one that gets to me ..... along with the one's you mentioned. I do like Dean Partridge though .... Canadian Whitetails. He has a low keyed approach compared to the others and the deer up there are enormous. Still a lot of commercials though.