Hunting Christmas presents. Whatcha get ?

turkeyfeathers

most of the gift things go to the kids and grand kids.

Judy and I generally do little gifts as we want something through the year we just go get it.

although she did get me a dog boarding ladder for the duck boat and a snowmobile cover.

she got one of the big kitchen aid mixers and an appointment for a remote starter for her car.

she didn't know about the starter  but had to take her for the mixer so I bought the right one, man it takes up half the counter.

• Like 3

Reeltime. Kitchen aid mixer ? If so, wife bought hers while in college for $90. They're now like $350. Regardless of brand , you bought a gift that you'll  fully benefit from.  Good plan. 

And remind her to turn heat on car before turning off ignition for the night. Same with ac in summer. It takes some getting used to doing.  

• Like 1

Mr B did great this year...he always does but I wanted a basic 15' ladder stand with a metal seat...he ordered it ..they ran out 3x's and it's due at the end of January. I also got the Caldwell Dead Shot shooting rest...Been wanting one for ever...can't wait until turkey season! Lots of scratch offs and I won 73.00 and a 4 qt. All Clad sauce pan to add to my collection. Such great cook ware. Kids were very generous as well. I collect Snow babies and he got me several big retired pieces. Our Daughter got me a Kitchen Aid hand held mixer..,a really nice and powerful one...dang whipped up the mash taters quick as can be. The big kitchen Aid is great but too big for  smaller stuff...

Hope you all got what you wished for and great surprises you didn't think of.....Have a wonderful day and hug your loved ones tight...

• Like 2

Lots of scratch offs and I won 73.00 and a 4 qt. All Clad sauce pan to add to my collection

Cool , didn't know you could win All Clad on scratch off lottery tickets :rolleyes:

Grow , you probably know this already but don't use knives , metal utensils in pan if Teflon coated. Wooded spoons , plastic and silicone utensils only so you don't scratch it. 

51 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Reeltime. Kitchen aid mixer ? If so, wife bought hers while in college for $90. They're now like $350. Regardless of brand , you bought a gift that you'll  fully benefit from.  Good plan. 

And remind her to turn heat on car before turning off ignition for the night. Same with ac in summer. It takes some getting used to doing.  

thanks TF, yeah she has been missing the remote start i had installed on the last vehicle.

yeah its the big mixer, and no not cheap at all but much better quality and she likes to cook so this tool will help cut down on prep time.  she got a bunch of the attachments for it also shes out making homemade cinnamon buns now while I am working on blueprints, maybe those and the prime rib will be done when I get back from putting all the perlins on a pole barn I am setting trusses on tomorrow for a customer.  never a dull moment around this house.

For hunting I got money , gift cards , a heated coffee cup with a heat sensor , a Leatherman Skeletool and a Mini Orion Live Feed LCD Screen Drone ( wife bought that for me ) .

I bought a cheap drone at Fastrack last week and the wife asked why i bought it . I said I have never used anything with a remote and it would be fun to experiment with and if I liked it I might get a much better one with a camera . . The reason she was upset is that she had already bought one with a camera a couple months ago . 

• Like 1

i have been in the market for a gut hook but never really liked the blades  always thought how difficult it would be to clean out the exit hole. didnt want to carry two knives but I will know. Looking forward to giving this  belly buster a go.

So anyway I got my best girl a ring.

looks like there is going to be a wedding party. I love this girl she butchers deer, fillets perch lets me hunt all i want. and tells me to get a big one  because we need another wall hanger. i ask you how does it get any better.... we have 13 deer seasons behind us as a couple and many more to come ...Merry Christmas

• Like 4

Christmas in our house is always focused on the kids.  Still, we each make up our own Lists just in case Santa needs some ideas. 

I was very pleasantly surprised (and impressed!) to find this Hooyman saw under the tree.  Never would have guessed that she would actually buy it for me.  The Cabela's gift card will most likely go towards a new ground blind.  I'm a happy guy.

20161225_113908.jpg

1 hour ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Lots of scratch offs and I won 73.00 and a 4 qt. All Clad sauce pan to add to my collection

Cool , didn't know you could win All Clad on scratch off lottery tickets :rolleyes:

Grow , you probably know this already but don't use knives , metal utensils in pan if Teflon coated. Wooded spoons , plastic and silicone utensils only so you don't scratch it. 

Oh no,LOL..... we won't have Teflon in the house...These are the 3ply professional all stainless pots....I freaked at the price...So he gives me a pot a year. Just sauce pans for all frying pans are cast iron,the original "Teflon" if you know how to keep them seasoned properly....

http://www.all-clad.com/Cookware/Sauce-Pans-%26-Sauciers/Stainless-4-Qt-Sauce-Pan-/p/8701004418

Gifts at the goosifer household are always interesting . . . This year's theme was hunting.

My wife got me something I wanted: scent free shampoo, conditioner and toothpaste. (The scent-a-way liquid soap from the hunting aisle was killing my hair).

WP_20161225_12_35_04_Pro - Copy.jpg

My MIL got me a nutcracker? WP_20161225_12_34_14_Pro - Copy.jpg

My stepson got me a salt and pepper shaker @@ WP_20161225_12_33_58_Pro - Copy.jpg

• Like 1

For us, it's all about the kids and grand kids. And I did take care of my wife with a couple things she would not buy herself.  Did get some nice alpaca wool hunting sox and a camo hat with LED light built into the brim. Throughout the year if I need something, I'll just get it then. Also, by sometime in the late spring or earlier. I will be getting a VERY nice hunting rifle!!!