Squirrel hunt controversy

• 1 month later...

Thank you for the invitation,though I'll decline. I believe traveling that far to " match wits " with someone that "regretted" wolfing down a chicken dinner during an interview with a reporter about the  evil mass killing of squirrels,would be a waste of time. I find that the type of people that go around getting involved in issues they have little to no understanding of are, let me be polite, the ones with the biggest "carbon footprints".

This thread inspires me to go squirrel hunting.

It appears the guy fighting to stop the hunt is trying to raise money to support his efforts. See his facebook page post from this past Wednesday here (The 800+-mile round trip drive to and from Long Island to Rochester is quite expensive, as well as leaving a large carbon footprint.) The good news is, as of today, he has only raised 32% of his $1,000 goal on indiegogo. I guess he will have to continue to "expend his own funds" so he can go into court tomorrow.

As explained on the indiegogo page, "These fund help the de facto leader of this effort, Richard Brummel, make the 800+ mile round trip to Holley, N.Y., from his home on Long Island, including expenses for car rental, gas, motel, tolls, and some ancillary expenses as they arise, such as art supplies for posters, printing for fliers if need be, and certified mail". :rolleyes:

• Like 2

Apparently, Rich@rd Brumm&l has a lot of supporters who left bad reviews for the Holly Fire Department on g00gle  here. Perhaps some folks would like to leave a positive review, although I am not sure that the concept of a rating really matters to a fire department like it does a restaurant.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
18 hours ago, sailinghudson25 said:

People who are against hunting will be attacking squirrel hunters first....   There's no big support organizations like deer, duck, trukey, elk, and pheasant hunting have.  

It's also because there are a lot non-hunters give hunters a be of a lee way when it comes to hunts that they believe are associated with food.  It is hard for some of them to fathom that people actually eat squirrels so they automatically assume when people hunt squirrels, it's wanton waste.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Yes. For as long as I remember  I  have used a 12 gauge with 2 3/4 inch #6, or #4 predominantly for them. I find it to be the most effective for me.

I also use an airgun when the mood strikes and have taken quite a few with .177 and .22 pellets(brain shots only).

(When I used to hunt upstate I sometimes used a .22 LR,)

• Like 2