New rifle help

a_finelli

I currently use a remington 760 30 06 pump and I like it but I'd like to buy a nice rifle, $700-900 range. I have been tossing around an x bolt and a blr in 30 06 and i want a box mag but I figured I'd see what you all use/recommend so I can continue my research. I know it's subjective I'd just like some options to look into. Thanks fellas

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I currently use a remington 760 30 06 pump and I like it but I'd like to buy a nice rifle, $700-900 range. I have been tossing around an x bolt and a blr in 30 06 and i want a box mag but I figured I'd see what you all use/recommend so I can continue my research. I know it's subjective I'd just like some options to look into. Thanks fellas

I got no help on the new one because you already got the perfect one, but if u get a new one I'm interested in the old one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Can't go wrong with that X-bolt. I don't have one but have 2 A-bolts and can't say enough about them.

Long action BLRs never appealed to me-but I have lusted after a BLR in .358 for quite awhile.

Will

Edited by Will_C
Auto correct

I love it so it's going to stay lol I'm going to restore it and pass it to my son when he's old enough.

That's a good one to keep around. Honestly if you want a bolt it's very hard to beat a tikka. Blr's just feel awkward to me although my 358 isn't going anywhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

I agree with buckmaster7600 as I'm sure many others will also, but if you want a new rifle then go for it. If you want a bolt action, detachable mag, and prefer iron sights over a scope, then a Rem 700 BDL would be perfect in my opinion. Unfortunately they only make it in four calibers right now, but you can easily find one new in box in the caliber of your choice.

I use a Remington Model 7... was looking for something light.  Needed some work to be able to group. Now is consistently 1" with the right factory ammo (3 shots).  Held a Ruger Mountain Rifle recently... very light!  Owner spoke very highly of it. Had a Mannlicher stock.

Brownings look great but one thing bothers me about them... if you put any sideways pressure on the bolt while cycling them, they seem to bind. I have observed this on every rifle that I've held.  Neither Winchester, Remington, nor Tikka guns do this.

I do like the BLR and would definitely consider one.