Remember these ?

Water Rat

And we ran around playing cops and robbers, cowboys and indians and army. I think all of that is illegal now and not acceptable to the PC police and parents that let there kids play with toy guns are bad people...........

Edited by Fletch
  • Like 2

I had those, and no matter which gun I ever used there were always feeding problems; only a few shots in a row before the hammer failed to hit the paper propertly. So then they came out with the plastic revolvers, which still exist. Pricey, but very reliable.

I also had one of these!

uziwater.jpg

Edited by Core
  • Like 1

We used to play with them all the time....Smash them with a hammer, burn them with a magnifying glass, very rarely in an actual cap gun. A roll or even two whole rolls on the garage floor smashed with a hammer would make my ears ring for hours....Great times....Just found out today that I am old as shit I guess...

• Like 3

I used to use them in my two Roy Rogers cap pistols. Those were a great improvement over the board that I used to pretend was my rifle. We used to play those awful politically incorrect cowboys and Indians. We also played cops and robbers. I didn't have a gun or caps for that. Had to use your finger and a lot of imagination. Now they play cops and robbers with real guns and real cops but the schools will give them a real hard time if they use the lethal "finger gun"..

• Like 2

Used to take a hammer to a whole roll, for a bigger bang!

Beat me to it. My ears just started ringing thinking about it. And parents are still pizzed at me for ruining their sidewalk with burning snakes. Those black little Rolo things that would leave black spots on the sidewalk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3

Okay, this is just weird: I came across an old candy tin filled with rolls of caps just last week while I was pawing through old hunting stuff. I grabbed a hammer and acted like a kid again for about fifteen minutes in my driveway. Well, a grownup 'kid' drinking a beer, anyway.

• Like 5

i had couple of the kentucky pistols that used a single one of those caps to shoot a cork ball 4-5 feet out of the barrel. Those cork balls never had much power to hurt (and they tended to get lost quickly, especially if you took them outside).

Still have 1911 style cap gun with a bad spring somewhere.  Haven't seen those caps for it in years.

Now it is airsoft or paintball and you need to wear padded clothing and googles.

Progress...(and need more funds to have fun).

1 hour ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Beat me to it. My ears just started ringing thinking about it. And parents are still pizzed at me for ruining their sidewalk with burning snakes. Those black little Rolo things that would leave black spots on the sidewalk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh yeah, the toxic black smoke from the "snakes"  was just an added bonus! So now at almost 60, my hearing is shot and my lungs are scared, from the caps and snakes. And according to today's standards, I should have never lived this long, with all the things we did as kids.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, grampy said:

Used to take a hammer to a whole roll, for a bigger bang!

We used to slam the whole roll between two rocks. Sometimes they'd go off, other times we just smashed them beyond recognition and they were worthless. Imagine taking a roll of them to the school grounds today!:negative: