Remember these ?

Water Rat

12 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Loved that thing! How about the red and white rocket that you filled with water, pumped it up and fired it? Anyone remember that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seen it but was too busy making Polish cannons with lighter fluid and tennis ball cans at the time. 

Seriousjy. How did we survive ?! 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Seen it but was too busy making Polish cannons with lighter fluid and tennis ball cans at the time. 

I remember the bottom blowing out and hitting my thumb, i was so afraid to pull my other hand off to look for fear of my thumb not being there.  

• Like 4

Never made a Polish cannon, but I can confirm that a standard size Estes model rocket engine will launch nicely out of a 3/4 inch EMT condit. I can also confirm that said projectile severely lacks stabilization...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

• Like 3

OMG how many hours did I crack those things together...and was I ever good at it...yep landed me in the principals office more than once! Chip a tooth or two as well bruises cracked wrist bones...yep and a good defensive weapon....

Being raised nearly the only girl in a neighbor hood of boys...was rough,competitive and a hell of a lot of fun...The only girl around with a mini bike and pocket knife...lol

• Like 5

56 minutes ago, left field said:

And these ... Clackers. Very popular until they started shattering and injuring users. I would put two together and use them as bolas to take down neighbourhood kids.

hilLPnl.jpg

I hate those things... those two balls are much harder than the ones I carry around... any male who has ever tried this contraption knows exactly what I'm talking about!! OUCH!

• Like 3

I had a robocop action figure that would hold those roll caps in the back with an attached spring loaded hammer. 

Little bugger was quite painful if you didn't move your finger in time while loading a new roll. 

Cant even imagine the lawsuits something like that would spawn nowadays. 

OMG the things we did as kids...I wonder often how I'm still around to remember it all...They were building the expressway right behind our house...but the incline to the bridge they were to build was up the street... We would haul our bikes up to the top of the dirt the earth movers packed down that week(they were working a double shift during the week). We're talking 2 stories high...get a running start and ride our bikes of the edge...Honestly I do not know how one of us didn't kill our selves or break anything...Oh man we made a heck of a mess out of the side, until the police were asked to patrol often during the weekends...Walking are bikes to the top of Ossion hill and riding back down trying not to use our breaks ....diving off the cliffs into the Canaseraga creek in Poags hole. Climbing down wolf creek to the bottom of Letchworth or being on that train trestle when a train actually drove by...OK that was unexpected and I think we all needed a pants change that day.

My poor kids payed for my wild days ...where parents shoved you out the door and only expected to see you back for dinner and then bed time When we grew up...I was like a chicken hawk over me kids...lol

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, growalot said:

being on that train trestle when a train actually drove by

We used to ride our mini bikes miles to the coal trestle on the Genesee River in Charlotte (Rochester) and messed around on that thing. But never had a train come by - that would have been a blast. Not sure it was still active with trains at that time, but it was a hulking, rusty, tall and dangerous structure that never had any security or supervision on site. In other word, FUN!