wood burning projects

I saw some things on Pinterest about wood burning. I would love to try it sometime but sadly I am not an artist either. There was some cool videos on you tube where you print out the picture and trace it with pencil. Then flip it over and scribble over what you traced on to the wood and the picture transfers to the wood so you have an outline versus free hand. Good start and keep us posted on the progress. 

Awesome! Great way to spend some down.

Not to hijack, but in the beginning use a stencil. Get some pics of birds and w/e, trace them on some high grade tracing paper, preferably 100% rag, using a good water proof pencil or even better, a hectograph pen or pencil, and transfer to the wood. It will help build control over the iron by tracing a stencil.

Looking forward to seeing more of your art.

Edited by ....rob

10 hours ago, kpkot said:

I always thought Dick Kirbys strutting tom he would draw on his box calls were awesome. Your turkey reminded me of it. 

That's where I got the idea of the strutting turkey, I watched Dick draw his bird on a custom call and sign it for me! He was a great guy, always donating and working for the promotion of the sport. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...