Maple Syrup Season 2017

landtracdeerhunter

27 minutes ago, landtracdeerhunter said:

My tees just showed up a the door today just in time for tapping the rest of the maples today and tomorrow. Excited about the warm up this weekend into next week. Hoping for a good run. Good luck to everyone!

Go time here......tapped this morning. 

Planning for a long boil on Sunday.

Hello all.  Kind of a lurker here.  Would anyone be interested in selling a half gallon of syrup?  Would need to ship to central NJ.  I would pay a fair price and the shipping charges as well.  Prefer a darker, thicker syrup but can be flexible.  If interested, please text me at 908-930-8579.  Thanks!  Bill

PS - is it November yet?

On ‎2‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 7:40 AM, turkeyfeathers said:

Who's hosting the HuntingNY pancake breakfast ? 

This has always been a pretty popular place and would be a good meeting place for a lot of members. All you have to do is pick a time and show up. Located in Angelica, NY

Cartwright's Maple Tree Inn

Pancake Breakfast Dates: march 18, 19, 25, 26

"From Teepee to Table- see how Maple Syrup is Made". For over 50 years our family-run restaurant has served our famous, original all-you-can-eat Buckwheat Pancakes and our own Pure Maple Syrup, produced in the basement of our restaurant. We have been featured on PBS, Rochester & Buffalo TV stations, in the New York Times and numerous other publications. Our season this year will be from February 14th thru April 15th 2017. Tuesday-Friday from 8am-8pm, Saturday 9am-8pm and Sunday 8am-6pm. During Maple Weekends we will be serving our pancake breakfast meals, demonstrating making maple syrup and hosting tours. Visit our gift shop for our signature pancake mix, pure maple syrup, maple sugar, maple cream, granulated maple sugar and maple peanuts.

Pancake Breakfast Menu: Famous original all-you-can-eat Buckwheat pancakes. Add sausage, ham or eggs. Maple Pies or maple sundaes can add the finishing touch.

On 2/20/2017 at 8:38 AM, Arcade Hunter said:

Same here... First time syrup maker here!  I did get 12 gallons of sap from 7 taps.  The finished product could have been a little thicker, but it is still awesome.

1strun2017.jpg

0225171439.jpg

This is what the yield is from 27 gallons of sap boiled down during the week.  Darker than thicker, Id say it turned out perfect.  

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, landtracdeerhunter said:

Looks good! Our syrup has also turned darker but, the good news is the sugar content reached just over 3%. Weather conditions seem right with freezing few days, then a warm up for good runs. Some of my January tapped trees didn't run this last go around as expected.

I have had a good run this week, I was surprised to get anything yesterday but I did. I'm sitting on at least 35 gallons which is good for me. HAPPY DAYS!!!

• Like 2