2017 Elite

kpkot

I understand that split limbs allow more preload.  I owned many elites (simgle limb) and several obsessions (split limbs).  They all shot good but when comparing similar spec bows the obsession is usually faster.  Not that I personally care much as my 160fps recurve kills em just as dead.  Lol. I am sure the new elites are great bows.  For fine tuning, the split allow you to reposition limbs a bit better too.  Plus, they need something new for everyone to drop $800 on a new bow. IMO.  

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, mlammerhirt said:

If it shoots like most other Elites....It is probably an unreal bow. They had to make a big move since Levi Morgan I believe went back to shoot for Mathews I am guessing this is why they had to hit the market with something big.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

That all came down to more money im sure, there isnt much loyalty these days.

• Like 1

I understand that split limbs allow more preload.  I owned many elites (simgle limb) and several obsessions (split limbs).  They all shot good but when comparing similar spec bows the obsession is usually faster.  Not that I personally care much as my 160fps recurve kills em just as dead.  Lol. I am sure the new elites are great bows.  For fine tuning, the split allow you to reposition limbs a bit better too.  Plus, they need something new for everyone to drop $800 on a new bow. IMO.  

$800 isn't even in the neighborhood for a new elite, look at the prices. I'm not blown away by the new lineup. The thing I liked about Elite was that they had that classic compound design, not super overloaded like the newer Bowtechs and PSEs
  • Like 2

I own a 2011 Elite Pure and it is one of the smoothest drawing bows I've ever shot.  Hell, it draws a lot better and smoother than my 14' Hoyt Carbon Spyder.

I would be interested to shoot this one.  These bows will keep getting better and better.  As far as the price is concerned, to each their own.  It is expensive for an AL riser bow IMHO.  That wouldn't stop me from shooting it and owning it if I was completely in love with it.  I'm sticking with the Hoyt for now.  Who knows what the future holds.

Edited by Qthehunter
  • Like 1

Ive always been skeptical of the split limb bows. Probably ever since watching the slow-mo videos from Lee and Tiffany lol. The flew difference between the solid limb and split limbs, along with the horror stories Ive seen and heard from Bow Tech.  

If i ever came across an issue with what i shoot now for a compound, i told myself i would try the Elite first or Prime.. But for a hunting bow at your standard ranges of 20 and 30. Basically any bow on a shelf will seal the deal.    

I never think of resale value some do. I had my Z7 for 6 years and still have. I would never sell any of my guns it's just another weapon to own. The bow tech's were known for the split limb issue for sure. I believe all these manufacturers are at the top of there game. Not sure on the other's but Mathews has a lifetime warranty. 

• Like 2

I think the transferable warranty is no more

Correct, transferable warranty was done away with in October.

I was waiting to see what the new offerings were but at that price range I'll likely just pick up another Synergy.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

nothing new or different every bow brand is slowly going toward similar designs like this. lightweight more rigid risers and preloaded beyond parallel limbs.  the fit and finish on elite's with the warranty i'm sure will make them awesome bows and put them up there with the best.  spilled non-sponsor ata show reviews of the Option series have been good.  bowtech's split limb issues are the past.  they were the first now everybody is doing them.

At the Sportsman's show last March I shot a couple of Elite bows, and yes they felt and shot great. But Mathew's has just came out with their new "Halon 32", and I want to check out this bow. Being a Mathews owner for over 20 years now, it's hard to jump ship.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Over on AT a lot of guys more knowledgeable than I am have concerns about a split limb bow that has no yoke tuning. I definitely want to see the reviews over the next few months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can assure you having owned 3 obsession that are split limbs with no yoke, they all tuned great.  40yd bareshaft on the money great.  One did require adjusting shims to get there, but if Elite does it right, that would not concern me.  Just my experience though.

• Like 2

Over on AT a lot of guys more knowledgeable than I am have concerns about a split limb bow that has no yoke tuning.

I saw that as well. It looks like the adjustabilty of the roller guard is to provide easier tuning without the yolks. Time will tell if that pans out.

I saw that as well. It looks like the adjustabilty of the roller guard is to provide easier tuning without the yolks. Time will tell if that pans out.

Yeah I don't get that though, if the limbs have subtle differences how can moving the roller guard in or out help? That's why they design bows and I sell seafood I guess lol