Speeding Ticket

Lawdwaz

I got a speeding ticket yesterday in Clarence.  Erie County Sheriff nabbed me doing 56 in a 40 on Goodrich Rd.  Pizz me off.....I really thought it was a 55 zone as I've only traveled it a 769 times over the years.  Someone at work said they JUST reduced it to 40mph recently??  Busted just on the north side of County Rd going south bound.

Just prior to the stop I had gotten some bad news and then had words with my wife.  I was going to be late making a deposit at the bank in CC so now I was really torqued.  I didn't try and talk my way out of it and probably could have but just wasn't in the mood now.....

So, my first speeding ticket in probably 25 years.   What's it going to cost me???????

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

Oh yea, I don't wanna see ANY "likes" on this.  :)

Lol, I had to be the 1st..

I haven't had a ticket in a while, but up here in Hicksville you used to be able to go to the DAs office and get  reduction papers before the court date.

7 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

Show up in court. No lawyer needed. The ada will reduce it and offer a plea hopefully to a non speed 2pt violation as that is a 4pt speed.  $200 give or take for fine and surcharge.  

this is what i did,they knocked it down to a parking ticket $175 no points.funny thing was the six guys in front of me got the same thing:rolleyes:.fundraiser 

8 minutes ago, rachunter said:

this is what i did,they knocked it down to a parking ticket $175 no points.funny thing was the six guys in front of me got the same thing:rolleyes:.fundraiser 

That's a good deal.  Some courts don't care about what the plea is.  They just want the fine. Usually the thruway speed traps. 

• Like 1

They made one heck of a speed trap there.  Before they fixed the road, it was so rough that it was hard to stay between the ditches with my old pickup if I went much over 50.   Now, with good drainage, new and wider roadbed, and fresh blacktop, the residents pushed for the speed reduction.  As others have said, go to court and you won't get the points at least.   The  roadwork has been done on that stretch since the summer, so you don't need to worry about the doubling of the fine.   A lot of deer get hit on that stretch, so the 40 limit is probably a good idea.  If they pass full inclusion of the crossbow and thus help us get the deer under control, then maybe they will raise it back up to 55.      

• Like 1

I got one on route 84, from a trooper, back in October. I filled it out as "Not Guilty" and mailed it in following all the instructions. I have the return signature confirmation from the court house.

Haven't heard a damn thing about it still. I don't know what's worse. Getting the ticket and having to deal with it, or just not knowing what the hell is going on with the damn thing all this time.

I got one on route 84, from a trooper, back in October. I filled it out as "Not Guilty" and mailed it in following all the instructions. I have the return signature confirmation from the court house.
Haven't heard a damn thing about it still. I don't know what's worse. Getting the ticket and having to deal with it, or just not knowing what the hell is going on with the damn thing all this time.

You know your pistol recertification ?!Thatll turn up lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They made one heck of a speed trap there.  Before they fixed the road, it was so rough that it was hard to stay between the ditches with my old pickup if I went much over 50.   Now, with good drainage, new and wider roadbed, and fresh blacktop, the residents pushed for the speed reduction.  As others have said, go to court and you won't get the points at least.   The  roadwork has been done on that stretch since the summer, so you don't need to worry about the doubling of the fine.   A lot of deer get hit on that stretch, so the 40 limit is probably a good idea.  If they pass full inclusion of the crossbow and thus help us get the deer under control, then maybe they will raise it back up to 55.      

Year before last 40 deer were crossing Martin near Goodrich every night to feed in that field. We setup a go pro on the trail I posted the footage somewhere on this site

10 hours ago, wolc123 said:

ayup, not having the all mighty deer slaying crossbow full inclusion is now a good reason to reduce speed limits..but if its allowed they can boost them back up.....

sorry to hijack your thread law,,,   Good lick with the ticket, not sure how the defensive driving class works but you may be better off doing it after the outcome of the ticket, my thoughts are if you have 0 points currently and take the class if its worth 4 points I doubt your license would show -4 points?  again good luck hope all works out.

12 hours ago, moog5050 said:

That's a good deal.  Some courts don't care about what the plea is.  They just want the fine. Usually the thruway speed traps. 

Is it true if you are given a ticket by a trooper then plea not guilty and the county reduces it the money from the fine and surcharge will go to the county instead of the state?