What bow has sparked your interest?

monahmat

Has anyone seen the BOW BUBBLE article in Field & Stream? Anyone shoot a Mission, Diamond or one of the other brands that are from the less expensive sister company's?

My wife wants to give 3D a try with me so I got her a Mission Craze because I have know idea how much weight she'll be able to pull and the adjustability is nice. I put about a dozen arrows through it and was very impressed. Smooth draw, decent let off and shot consistently. My only complaint is no solid back wall. I won't be trading my Elites in for one any time soon but I think they are great bang for the buck.

Has anyone seen the BOW BUBBLE article in Field & Stream? Anyone shoot a Mission, Diamond or one of the other brands that are from the less expensive sister company's?

I bought a diamond secondhand when I got into bow hunting. I thought I would upgrade to a different brand after a few years. Never did. Aggressive draw cycle, but it does the job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am shooting a 2016 Elite Spirit and 2016 elite Impulse 31. I still haven't bought -any 2017 yet but I most likely will grab two in the next month or so.

Here is what's on my list, in no order
2016 Elite Energy 32
New Breed Gx2
Elite Emerge / impression
BowTech reign 7
PSE Evolve 31

Well one new 2017 down and couple more to go...
Picked up a 2017 new breed gx2 yesterday. Tracking says it shows up tomorrow.
The more I think about it the less I want to deal with floating yokes so I am crossing the evolve and the reign off the list.
  • Like 1

I just purchased an old school vintage Browning Explorer 1 on ebay, I setup and sold these Brownings when I worked in a sporting goods store back in the late 70s to late 80s. I always liked them but owned and shot a Jennings back then. Don't know how much hunting I will do with it but I do have a back yard range and shoot my old Bear recurve quite a bit for fun and will be doing the same with this classic Browning.

Al

2017-02-09_162121.png

Edited by airedale
  • Like 3

On 2/7/2017 at 6:58 AM, helmut in the bush said:

in 2008 i tested just about every new bow available.  $ was no object and I still ended up with a GanderMountain TecHunter Elite that was made by Diamond made by Bowtech. haha  I have since gave it away to my father in-law to get him into shooting.  It was and still is a nice shooting bow.  A Mathews fan boy that's his step son in law couldn't stopped raving about it and liked it more than his own Mathews bow.

in 2008 i tested just about every new bow available.  $ was no object and I still ended up with a GanderMountain TecHunter Elite that was made by Diamond made by Bowtech. haha  I have since gave it away to my father in-law to get him into shooting.  It was and still is a nice shooting bow.  A Mathews fan boy that's his step son in law couldn't stopped raving about it and liked it more than his own Mathews bow.

It's funny you say that, I too have owned a fair number of bows but when I look back at which one I shot the best it was my Tec-Hunter Elite, the only bow I regret selling. As for the thread, I'll be sticking with my RPM 360 another year, it does everything I need it to do, well.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

I just purchased an old school vintage Browning Explorer 1 on ebay, I setup and sold these Brownings when I worked in a sporting goods store back in the late 70s to late 80s. I always liked them but owned and shot a Jennings back then. Don't know how much hunting I will do with it but I do have a back yard range and shoot my old Bear recurve quite a bit for fun and will be doing the same with this classic Browning.
Al
2017-02-09_162121.png

That looks sharp!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

On 2/10/2017 at 7:00 AM, WNY Bowhunter said:

It's time to upgrade. My choice is an Xpedition Archery Xplorer SS!

I really like the Xpedition stuff.  I shoot a 2015 Perfexion and love it.  My buddy owns a bow shop and he's got a bunch of us shooting their bows.  They aren't cheap, but they seem really shootable.

If ranked by marketing/sponsorship dollars then yes

So many options it's wild. I'd say all the flagship bows are about even now and it comes down to personal preference.

But when walking in the woods you never know who you might run into. Don't want to get caught rocking a no name brand bow.

What is cooler than a Mathews or Hoyt? I know PSE is popular out west.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

This thread is still going? Isn't it Mathews/Hoyt and then everything else?

I'd shoot a stick bow with beer bottle glass for broadheads before I shot a Mathews and Rage.  I don't care what anyone else shoots.  I get that you're kidding, but the marketing gets sickening after awhile.

• Like 2

I'd shoot a stick bow with beer bottle glass for broadheads before I shot a Mathews and Rage.  I don't care what anyone else shoots.  I get that you're kidding, but the marketing gets sickening after awhile.

Yea I was only talking about compounds. A true wooden lazer engraved recurve is probably cool looking too. Like a classic car.

14 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

I just googled them and saw impulse, energy, spirit, etc. , but they don't appear to look as cool as the Halon 32. Can you customize their colors?

haha... any bow is customizable and available in different colors or patterns with colored accessories to match.  Elite has the best finish coating in the industry.  more you dive into options the more you'll find out everythings for sale in a different color and they accept all major cards.  don't forget hats, jackets, or tshirts to match.  might have to schedule more webcam time and pick up another monkey suit.