2017 Cams

phade

Brownings have a high cutoff. Supposedly the new ones are more usable with rechargeables.

Not really worth it IMO if you will only run them in winter. Cams can be finicky with rechargeables, but later models are better.

I run rechargeables in my Spartans that have external or solar panels to ensure the external batteries are used first.

Generally speaking if its a 6v setup and has separate banks, you can run them. Browning doesn't run the 6v setup in the Strike Force.

• Like 1

Just saw this pic on FB. It's from the shot show in vegas at the browning trail cam booth. Was snooping around the pic looking for any new model cams on display. The one looks similar to a current model. But there looks to be a camera on display that looks nothing like the current browning cams. Am I just seeing stuff or does that look a camera with a different and larger IR panel? Any insight phade?

d056160f93a50589f5a45c4bc1e501dd.png
b772ac77f18b78332cd58b54b437b690.png
404965394c670f789890c39d6d88a85e.png

Phade have you had a chance to test any. 

I thought I saw or heard some place that defender was 225 or so. Just wondering how much better they are then the 2016 line ups in the 130-150 price range.

Steve

Edited by sbuff

It's kind of apples and oranges because the defender is a wifi/Bluetooth phone.

The pro models of the strike Force and Dark Ops will be the ones more likely to try if you don't need wifi.

I have not tested any yet. A few large scale vendors have them in stock. I am a bit more cautious as I will want to ensure they are as good as advertised before selling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd enjoy seeing it as well if you want to pm me. I sure hope the camera industry doesn't shift from double A to cr123 batteries . Not only harder to find but costly and in my flashlight they sure don't last long . 

If you need any field testers , wink wink let me know !

steve 

I'd enjoy seeing it as well if you want to pm me. I sure hope the camera industry doesn't shift from double A to cr123 batteries . Not only harder to find but costly and in my flashlight they sure don't last long . 
If you need any field testers , wink wink let me know !
steve 

I was thinking the same thing about the batteries. I have a awesome streamlight flashlight that uses the cr123 and man does it eat them up. At 20 bucks a piece for lithiums, it will get way to pricey to replace those more than once a year

• 7 months later...

It is a niche camera - the battery type is not common (such as running to dollar general for some backup AAs). The cam itself works well. The wifi IMO needs to be stronger for more people to be on board. 60 yards seems to be the farthest distance to transmit wirelessly. You start getting to 100-150 yards reliably and I can see the potential application being more widespread.

Browning has the Dark Ops in a Pro model now. I am excited to see how that one does. If it works well, that may very well become my workhorse camera.