2017 Shed Thread..

Geno C

You sure do like to let them grow huh?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

It looks like a toddler holding that shed. Either that's one big shed or it must be a bitch to find gloves without Power Rangers on them that fit!! Great find!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, LET EM GROW said:

Pulled a few cards today and these were in the DeerAg plots. One buck is 8.5yr I call chunk
Other buck I call whitey he is 3.5yr
269bfe4166efbd1d1473426ecc6ab57b.jpg055a9801083ec3723a6489b8426bf7f2.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I was about to say 8.5 years ? Without seeing the pic, holy crap on a cracker. I'm all in after scrolling down. That's a crazy thick base. Great find 

• Like 2

It looks like a toddler holding that shed. Either that's one big shed or it must be a bitch to find gloves without Power Rangers on them that fit!! Great find!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im far from a toddler but far from a giant, you can take that any direction you'd like. The base measured 6-7/8"
Have history with this deer for many years.

Guess I will start the thread for the 2017 Shed Thread.. Here are my finds so far, and I haven't even gone out to purposely shed hunt yet. These just from pulling cards in 2 different food plots. One is a match set of a buck I call "Chunk", he is 8.5 yrs old this pass fall, and has a base on one side that measure 6-6/8". The other is the right side to a buck I call "Whitey" .. I recently started a topic of "Age Him" in the trail cam picture section.. 

The goal is to start shed hunting in mid February..

20170120_084008.jpg

20170117_203614.jpg

• Like 6

I don't have his exact location pinned down but I know the area he considers home in the fall, and it's on my neighbors. I think he has a good place there and can watch everyone and pattern them. I had him last year just outside of bow range Halloween morning, and he didn't care for any call I threw him. Guessing that's what happens with age

29 minutes ago, LET EM GROW said:

I don't have his exact location pinned down but I know the area he considers home in the fall, and it's on my neighbors. I think he has a good place there and can watch everyone and pattern them. I had him last year just outside of bow range Halloween morning, and he didn't care for any call I threw him. Guessing that's what happens with age

You have any trail cam pics of chunk? nice set!