2017 Shed Thread..

Geno C

If one wants to restore bleached antlers , I've used Golden Oak stain, it comes out ok . There is a guy who sells " Antler  Magic" that is supposed to work,real well. It's hard to find even on the net, and he's somewhat " blunt " with people at times.

I have his email and he says he is still selling it, if anyone wants . A sample size does like 40 antlers .

Golden Oak before / after. You can use steel wool to whiten up the tips and knock down the shine , some take them outside and rub up tress, but the neighbors already are not  sure what to think....

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by Larry302
  • Like 9

The rain let up this afternoon so I decided to take a walk, get some exercise and look around for sheds. I decided to look in an area where I had a trail cam set up last winter and it showed a few bucks passing through. I saw the first shed about 30 yards away and was surprised to find such a beauty. As I picked it up, the other side caught my eye as it was laying only 8ft away! This is a jackpot shed find for me. It's only the second time I've found both sides and my best pair to date. I also found the 4pt skull in some thick thorns. A lucky day for sure.

IMG_0791.jpg

IMG_0794.jpg

• Like 17

Couldn't get into the rifle range today the line was out the door.  So went for a walk followed a set of tracks and found a fresh shed with blood on it. Started doing circles looking for the other one but had no luck did find a little one from last year. Hopefully this snow melts by next week. 

IMG_0137.JPG

IMG_0138.JPG

IMG_0139.JPG

IMG_0140.JPG

• Like 9

Went out again this morning got a little turned around. Came across this poor little guy. I understand nature but hate when we cause things like this to happen. I cut one off the same fence line a few years ago at least he lived. No sheds today. 

IMG_0141.JPG

Edited by rachunter
pic upside down
  • Like 2