2017 Shed Thread..

Geno C

About 1/8 of a mile from my house tonight the car in front of me hit a deer and then I was forced to run it over due to oncoming traffic and the car in front of me on the shoulder. I walked back 30min thinking maybe it was a buck still with antlers that I could take and count as sheds lol but the deer was gone. Not just moved to the side of the road but completely gone. Oh well. At least my car wasn't damaged. Just come hair underneath.

436653047222506b1b8d5cd0744141b2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Found a massive half to an amazing 8 today, quite fresh. the brow on this is at least as long as the g2, without measuring my guess is 8 in. and great mass, by far my best 4pt shed, unfortunately I couldn't come up with the other side but haven't thrown in the towel on that yet. Also might add this is my second biggest shed altogether20170223_221200.thumb.jpg.f01758aee310ae20170223_220950.thumb.jpg.2a5034bac2b7a9

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk

• Like 14

Found a massive half to an amazing 8 today, quite fresh. the brow on this is at least as long as the g2, without measuring my guess is 8 in. and great mass, by far my best 4pt shed, unfortunately I couldn't come up with the other side but haven't thrown in the towel on that yet. Also might add this is my second biggest shed altogether20170223_221200.jpg20170223_220950.jpg

That's a nice one. Take a tape to that bad boy! I'm betting over 60"

I've never spotted a shed with my binoculars until this evening. I had covered a couple miles of hedgerows and creek bottoms and it was getting dark. I decided to take a short cut and headed across a green field towards the truck, glassing anything that looked suspicious. I put the binos on this one at about 100 yards away and thought it was worth a closer look. I may have to head back and check the fields a little better in this area.

IMG_0866.jpg

IMG_0872.jpg

• Like 11

That's a nice one. Take a tape to that bad boy! I'm betting over 60"

Not quite all said and done 55", 4 1/4" between burr and brow, same between g2 and g3 and the brows 8", the longest tine, don't see that often. Looking at the map i may have an idea of where the other side may be, we'll see, hoping its not in the neighbouring fields, i really want the other side

• Like 1

Not quite all said and done 55", 4 1/4" between burr and brow, same between g2 and g3 and the brows 8", the longest tine, don't see that often. Looking at the map i may have an idea of where the other side may be, we'll see, hoping its not in the neighbouring fields, i really want the other side

Oh well. Missed by 5-6" not bad

44 minutes ago, cynthiafu said:

Walk 4.8 miles Thur thickets and brush and fields only to find a leg bone the dog brought to me  . Oh and covered in ticks. I must of flicked off 50 or more yuck

Aren't you in WNY? Ticks........ugh     Daughter and I found leg bone after leg bone the other day.

• Like 1

I knew the freshness was bound to run out soon.
Struck by the curse of the oldie green goblin today, but still a pretty nice horn for #5!
DSC_0001.JPG
DSC_0020.JPG
Then I found a string of un-used carcass tags.
DSC_0026.JPG
On my way out I found my 3'rd dead buck of the year.
DSC_0040.JPG
DSC_0041.JPG

How do you think this guy died?
Could it have been hit by a car. Or are you thinking injury that aggravated into death by hunting?

Sent from my SM-G900T3 using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, TACC said:

How do you think this guy died?
Could it have been hit by a car. Or are you thinking injury that aggravated into death by hunting?

Sent from my SM-G900T3 using Tapatalk

Guessing he was probably shot and unrecovered by where I found him.

He was in some pretty thick stuff surrounded by treestands, a good ways from any road.

I looked over some green fields this past Sat and found one from a year or two ago. Half plowed under.

I've had a good shed season so far but not sure how much more I'll get out. I have some stand work to do next, as well as a few projects I'll be starting, and spring fishing looks to come early this year too.

IMG_0873.jpg

IMG_0874.jpg

IMG_0875.jpg

• Like 3

Stopped to evalute what was clearly a bucks bed, hoping for his sheds i glance around, TINES through thou leaves! A half from last year and to my amazment the other side not 5 ft away, first set of the year, first time finding them so close together too20170305_111008.jpg20170305_111008.jpg20170305_111008.jpg

• Like 2