What's your ultimate dream hunt

Trigger518

4 hours ago, Cory said:

Then we fly to Africa to get a wildebeest. That's my favorite creature. Just something so majestic and mysterious about them.

Good choice. Poor mans Buffalo.^_^

Blue Wildebeest hunted in some thick cover can be a hell of a fun hunt. Tough critter like Gemsbok for their size too.

Wow.....lots of Moose hunters with a bow in this crowd.

Edited by Dinsdale

Late Sept. over the counter bow hunt for Elk in Colorado (again). During the return trip home stopping in Nebraska, Iowa, Illinois, Indiana and Ohio for whitetails hunts. All do it yourself style hunts on public land. I love the challenge of figuring things out on my own and the extra challenge of getting it done on public ground.

Absolutely a dream hunt considering the locations and the fact I would be gone for a good month a half. I'm sure the wife won't mind. LOL

On a more serious note, I just flat out love whitetail hunting. Any time anywhere. I've hunted Pa (home State), Maine,  Ny, Virginia and Mississippi. I've also planned out trips for Ohio, Indiana, Missouri, North Carolina and every year I'll be chasing them in southwest New York.  

A week in Canada hunting wolves and lynx

Been on 2 wolf hunts, never seen 1 yet. Took my dad 5-6 trips before he got 2.

I did shoot a lynx in BC, awesome country.

For me, it would be a true free range leopard hunt or any of the 4 expensive sheep or grizzly.....just can't justify spending the $ on any of these hunts....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I remember seeing the mounts. I'd like to take my dad as well. Any advice is welcome

Babine outfitters is who my dad shot them with them during a trapline hunt. They have a yearly thread on bowsite which is pretty cool. Shooting a wolf is pretty tough. They'd rather stay away from bait and starve than come into something with humans around.

For lynx, corkscrew creek adventures in BC. 1/2 the price of anyone else in Canada and good chance to get one. Middle of nowhere, no frills, but good lynx population for a reasonable price.

• Like 1

It's funny , I have the time and means to hunt about anywhere in N America , as well as friends in Western states to hunt with , but no,to,little desire to.

I would like to hunt alligators with the Swamp People , but only if I could kill one with a knife , ( gator not one of the Swamp people I like most of them fine ).

Also most years just prior to O.D. I have the same dream of walking in as its dark and coming across  a UFO in the field and killing an alien as it tries to abduct me . If that counts as a dream hunt .

And no I'm not kidding about the dream .

Edited by Larry302

Babine outfitters is who my dad shot them with them during a trapline hunt. They have a yearly thread on bowsite which is pretty cool. Shooting a wolf is pretty tough. They'd rather stay away from bait and starve than come into something with humans around.
For lynx, corkscrew creek adventures in BC. 1/2 the price of anyone else in Canada and good chance to get one. Middle of nowhere, no frills, but good lynx population for a reasonable price.

Thx for the info.
I'm more interested in sort of a diy style. Just need a place to hunt them and maybe the outfitter to sort of point us in the good direction.
I don't really care for hunting behind hounds and baiting predators(even local coyotes) is somewhat boring and rather unproductive.
Hunting the hunters is what I'm all about. The thrill for me is knowing a potentially dangerous predator is coming in to my calls and quite frankly coyotes don't scare me at all.

Thx for the info.
I'm more interested in sort of a diy style. Just need a place to hunt them and maybe the outfitter to sort of point us in the good direction.
I don't really care for hunting behind hounds and baiting predators(even local coyotes) is somewhat boring and rather unproductive.
Hunting the hunters is what I'm all about. The thrill for me is knowing a potentially dangerous predator is coming in to my calls and quite frankly coyotes don't scare me at all.

Not sure which provinces you can hunt without a guide. Don't think you can in BC. If you really want to call in a wolf, you will probably want to give yourself a ton of days to try it. Most are killed in in incidentally when hunting other species. Very hard to pattern or call in.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Not sure which provinces you can hunt without a guide. Don't think you can in BC. If you really want to call in a wolf, you will probably want to give yourself a ton of days to try it. Most are killed in in incidentally when hunting other species. Very hard to pattern or call in.

The most effective way to hunt them is with a shotgun from a light airplane..

• Like 1

The most effective way to hunt them is with a shotgun from a light airplane..

That's considered hunting? I'd consider that culling. Lol

Imo even hunting behind hounds isn't really hunting. Maybe sporting, but not truly matching wits & tact with the animal.
That's a debate for another thread though. Lol

Little advice from someone that has had dream hunts on their bucket list for years and now that I'm ~70yo they have dropped to the bottom of the lists. Those all day hikes, esp up & down the Rockies, thru the deep snow or in the swampy Yukon are really out of the question now. If you have the resources ($$) and the support from the family to do one of your dream hunts - DO IT!!!!!

Those of you that dream of taking a moose or grizz with a long bow, I admire your dream...... and courage! lol

• Like 3

On January 21, 2017 at 0:53 PM, Elmo said:

My dream hunt isn't species specific.  I just want to get to a top of a majestic mountain, wake up and see a sea of clouds under me.

Really, I was turkey hunting in West Virginia, one foggy morning we climbed one of those hills in the dark, then waited for day light. When the sun came up the clouds-fog were below us, it was bright sun and all you saw was the tops of the other hills sticking out of the clouds. That was a really cool to see. It was pre camera phones

• Like 2

Going hunting with my college buddy that lives in Montana chasing an a Bull Elk, Big old Mulie, and/or Bear with the bow. Not really about the size of the game but the time we spend together in the field. Honestly if I didn't shoot anything I would still be happy. I haven't talked face to face with him since college about 7 years ago.

Edited by chas0218