BLITZ TV......

growalot

I hope they continue it...What I liked is they take nice buck..but not ridiculous ones. They pass some but not huge ones,they seem to just be regular guys. They don't hide the outfitters nor the fact they go several days without seeing deer or have missed or not so good shots.If these shows can be honest,I think this one is.

Now the fact Amazon has a fairly good variety of hunting shows on is great! SHAME on Netflix for their pitifully few and old shows.

I watched a couple. The camera work is really good but the narration with flashbacks is so stupid I had to turn the sound down. I guess i just dont want any "production", especially music. Thats why I like cruising youtube for hunts better. There were a few threads on AT about Trent Cole leasing up huge parcels in NJ, guys hate him for it

I like you tube  as well, my comparison was to other " production" shows. As far as production ones I prefer Growing Deer TV over all others.

As far as the leasing..I can't fault a guy who has the money to do it, nor the land owners profiting from it. Let's be honest here..with taxes being as high as they are in most places, regular Joe Shmoe hunter either doesn't have the $$, or thinks it's not worth paying to just cover taxes. I personally can't tell you how many guys not knowing who they were talking to said to my face. " Posted my arse, who do they think they are moving out here,I been hunting those lands for years." My reply usually had them walking away from the conversation quickly. " I think I'm the one paying the mortgage and taxes and hunting the place,something you should have thought about doing years ago"  Farmers don't own locals anything, unless they were willing to pay as well as anyone else.

Edited by growalot

Well he could have come in and bought up land and then turned it into housing ,businesses ...ect...I guess these ticked off guys should be counting their blessings...there's no coming back from that. As it stands...he could loose his money, his desire or ability to hunt and fade away ...no harm done :wink:

Grow , not a year goes by when I'll be down on our land shed hunting or shooting on my range , when I'll run into a walker or jogger at the road, they always express their concern that there will  be houses built there .

I always tell them , well I'm nearing retirement and if a delvoper makes us an offer, I'll give them right of first refusal if they wish, oddly enough no takers .

• Like 1

Watched 3-4 episodes just now.... Could do with out the music being so loud.

I noticed that alot their shooters seem to be looking like they are 2-3? and spindly.... Or am I aging incorrectly..

Not nit picking just trying to learn compared to the large Ohio matures seen on other shows... I understand that in corn country they will naturally be bigger and heavier. So maybe it's just the geographic disparity because alot of this show is Jersey.

Sent from my D6708 using Tapatalk

Larry funny how some people seem to want what you have until they can.

ZEUS, That is exactly what I like about that show,normal guys enjoying taking what an average guy takes...normal guys showing it takes days or weeks and shite happens with missed or not the best hits always. Which is what many on here complain about with these shows,including me..Yes editing is "different", the music,didn't notice for I Automatically turn the volume way down before watching any of these shows.

Edited by growalot
  • Like 1