deer blood

pronen

Damn I just stopped and asked a guy if he needed any help after hitting deer the other day, but he had inlaw coming to help. I could have asked him for some as it was readily available from the torn open buck...damn could of got several ounces:search:

13 hours ago, outdoorstom said:

Where are you located? I've got a lot in my freezer for training Luna,  and I'll give you some.

is this something that is in short supply sometimes or not really?  should some of us hunters be keeping it to help out some of you search dog folks?  let me know.  never occurred to me.

17 hours ago, outdoorstom said:

Where are you located? I've got a lot in my freezer for training Luna,  and I'll give you some.

Thanks very much for your kind suggestion!

I am located on long island, 6 hours from you

If you are in Waddington, NY, near the border with Canada, one option would be for me to send a Fedex truck your way

Let me know if this is something that you would agree with.

4 hours ago, dbHunterNY said:

is this something that is in short supply sometimes or not really?  should some of us hunters be keeping it to help out some of you search dog folks?  let me know.  never occurred to me.

I need about 1/2 gallon of frozen deer blood this summer to train my dog. I can supplement with sheep blood, but they do not smell the same (according to the dog). Any help will be much appreciated.

1 hour ago, cynthiafu said:

How would you do that ? Any thing you have to do special ? Let us know so we can save it for you. 

Nothing special. Just scoop some blood form the carcass into the plastic bag. The fluid left in the carcass after field dressing will do. Instead of throwing it out, you could bag it, freeze it  in the freezer and give it to me, which will be much appreciated, reimbursed at $5/ounce, and returned to the community in the form of blood tracking service. My dog is getting pretty good, just needs to get more experience with small amounts of deer blood on the trail. Thanks in advance!