Old beer can collection

Trigger518

Sure I had most of them in my collection back in the day . Had several hundred, got rid of most as it became to hard to keep up with all the new ones, I can't imagine trying to collect today with all the craft beers.

I keep my Genny collection for awhile  , which was even larger then your Grand dads, but gave that to a Genny fan at work . Keep some , the first Harley bike week can,a couple rare Genny cans, Billy , some with hunting themes .

24 minutes ago, GreeneHunter said:

Any " Billy Beer "  cans there ?

I just happen to have three cans right beside my computer as I type this..An old "removable pop top" Genny Red Eye, a Narragansett Lager ( emptied a bunch of those in Newport, RI when I was in the Navy) and a Billy Beer....

36 minutes ago, philoshop said:

An older friend of mine gave me a six pack of unopened Billy beer cans before he passed away several years ago. I somehow lost the six pack in all the moves since then. :sorry:

BUMMER  !!.......I don't know what an unopened six pack is worth, but a few years ago I saw an unopened case of Billy Beer for sale for several hundred dollars.

The top is not popped on my can, but whomever put it aside poked two small holes in the bottom, so it is empty.

It  was brewed and packed by Falls City Brewing Co., Louisville, KY.

• Like 1

Billy beer cans open and unopened are far from rare, and last I knew worth next to nothing, as everyone saved them, not just collectors .

Every so,often someone who is not into collecting comes across some and tries to sell them for prices far above market rates .

There has been a ton of changes to Genny cans over the years , I had 15 or so different Genny light cans, and I stopped many years ago .....

But I see the humor .

Billy Beer cans – whether opened or unopened – are not rare by any means. They're your basic novelty beer cans, produced and saved in great quantity with supply far outstripping demand. That, however, doesn't mean that they don't possess any value. A collector in need of a Billy Beer can today may pay anywhere from 25 cents to $10 for a specimen, depending on condition. 

Occasionally at auction, Billy Beer cans have been known to bring out the beast in some bidders who still subscribe to the urban legend that they're truly bidding on something rare. 

Edited by Larry302

OH and beer can collectors don't want full cans as the weight is to great. I had  a small collection , but it still was a few hundred cans hanging on my wall.

We do want the top " unopened " though, which is why when we buy them full we open them from the bottom . I suppose folks that just want an old can for some reason or another many like a full one .

Trigger, if you got a Playmate malt liquor can, you have a valuable one ! Playboy sued  them in '66 I believe and they had to,stop making the can, it's one of the most sought after to,this day .

Edited by Larry302

You got me going now. Here is what I saved from my collection .

Many are air cans, never filled with beer , but with a complete top and bottom.  Each year Iron City made a Steelers can, I gave all away to Steelers fans but this '79 air can .

IMG_3821.JPG

• Like 1