Clip draw. Anyone have one of these on a handgun ?

turkeyfeathers

For about $25 I figured I'd give it a try Going to mount it on my Beretta tomcat .32. Adhesive strips are supposed to be crazy strong. Reviews I read were pretty good as well. I can switch from gun to gun if I want as extra adhesive strips included. I have a front pocket Desantis holster and a leather Galco ( I believe ) but wanted to try this clip out. Desantis still prints in front pocket a bit. Going to install tomorrow so I'll have a better idea of what I think. As I am never not carrying this gun gets the most carry. Hope to post some positive feedback after installing and using it for awhile. 5547595c3ebc8c613056f4ececba0665.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Yes. Tape. It's supposed to be very strong to hold and easy to remove without tape adhesive residue

Keep us posted I'm wary of any tape to hold my gun.

Have you seen the magnetic holder they are advertising now for bedside car desk or wherever holster.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

10 minutes ago, Larry302 said:

You really love that Tomcat....

I have one as well, great grip on a small gun.

That I do. It's spent a lot of time with me in 16 years. Extra mag with Winchester silver tips stuffed in back pocket. Hope to never need it but it's a lot better than my full sized still in the safe at times. 

No no no.. For starters, never carry without a holster that covers the trigger guard. EVER! That's how accidental discharges happen. Secondly, there is no way to efficiently draw with this setup.

There are a hundred quality holsters available out there. Leather, hybrid, kydex (preferred), nylon etc. I guarantee you can find one that fits you.

External safety that needs some pretty good force to switch off and trigger pull pretty long on first pull. Hence I'm not a fan of Glock or own anything without a safety. I'll practice drawing unloaded

I to do not own anything without a saftey. When I buy a revolver it wont but not there yet

I to do not own anything without a saftey. When I buy a revolver it wont but not there yet

Dang. Caught myself in a fib. My Super Blackhawk .44 doesn't have a safety But was more referring to any of my carry guns

• Like 1

I use one on my kel tec. Kind of like it but it can only be mounted on the right side. Never understood why they don't make one for the left side but they are very specific about installation. Just remove the pins, and install new threaded pins.

Easy to go back to a holster if you want.

clip.jpg

keltec_pf9_d9822.jpg

Edited by Steve D

I use one on my kel tec. Kind of like it but it can only be mounted on the right side. Never understood why they don't make one for the left side but they are very specific about installation. Just remove the pins, and install new threaded pins.
Easy to go back to a holster if you want.

clip.jpg
keltec_pf9_d9822.jpg

I wish mine had bolt on option

I use the Versa Carry for my .40 shield its pretty decent, I bought the clipdraw for it. on the shield you remove the back plate on the slide and put the metal one that comes with the kit in its place then the clip bolts to that, Problem is with the Versa Carry and the clip draw it would wear a hole in my jeans where the muzzle end of the slide rubbed on them, Now i have a Safariland IWB with a single belt clip that is really comy and hasnt worn a hole in my jeans yet,  Not to mention i carry all day every day and the lint build up on the inside and outside of the weapon from my undershirt and jeans is a pain, Your constantly cleaning it, And blowing the lint out with an air hose, Havent had the issue with the Safariland holster,

These are all good carry tips.
I pulled on the clip hard and it wouldn't budge. Been clipped on jeans all day. Can't but barely see it and shirt tucked in. I'll look at a IWB holster as well. I do like the small subtle clip and not the standard wider belt clips on this though.

I prefer my IWS leather this reminds me of the holster that had a post that went up inside the barrel of the gun great concept but not very practical for everyday all day carry. The leather is nice because inside the waist band it has a little give and the parts of the gun don't rub on my back or my pelvic area depending on where I'm carrying it.

Summer time carry is usually in the front and winter on my back easier to conceal with longer and heavier clothing and I'm not flashing everyone my bangstick.

Edited by chas0218