Accubow

BizCT

A pretty penny to use occasionally on a lunch break....Like a few previous posts stated if your a target shooter you shoot year round anyway...With a break for bow season. Target archery is an addiction...And the way to fuel that addiction is to shoot more and shoot often!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I was thinking of buying this before even potentially buying a compound if the xbow doesn't get full inclusion.

My thinking is I can pull on this thing all winter and spring so that if I need to buy a compound this summer I will already have the muscle memory built-up.

If the xbow gets full inclusion I only wasted 150 bucks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Looks kind of interesting to me, I can't shoot much in my yard, and while I work,out year round the best movement for drawing and shooting a bow is drawing and shooting a bow. Sorry I'm not driving to a range and this may keep my bad shoulders in shape .

As for the price of $150 if that's list, cost will be a bit lower. In comparison  for $150 you could get 1/2 a night in the resort we stayed in last week, or one person could go snorkeling on the boat we went out on for 4 hours .

competitive handgun shooters fire thousands upon thousands of rounds a year in pratice , sometimes a thousand in a week, yet they dry fire perhaps even more . 

Edited by Larry302
  • Like 2

Rehab i totally and completely see using this for even if the price is $150 it's not that bad.  still need to do normal exercises from your therapist for range of motion and strength throughout.

for practice i'd still prefer shooting my actual bow even if at point blank range with a less than perfect arrow that's still ok to shoot.  muscle memory goes beyond form but it's also anchor points and everything else that you can't duplicate with that setup.

if you're a pluck-n-peak shooter i could see this training your mind not too.  just add loop for your release and practice on some deer poster or deer on a hunting TV show.  teach yourself to squeeze and follow through until the band is stopped and blocking your view of the spot your aiming at.  i suppose it could be more useful than i originally thought.

I shoot 2 different bows all year and it still takes me a few rounds to get used to the one I'm shooting. But ya,if you're not sure if you will be getting a bow or not ,then I could see pulling one to get the muscles strengthened, the muscle memory part might be weird when it comes time to shoot an actual bow. I've never actually pulled a bow for exersise that I wasn't actually shooting .

• Like 1

I think it looks awesome. I've been messing around with a hinge release and this will be perfect to have in my office, provided it has letoff. Do you know if it does?

Not sure. I did read that the max 70lbs has no let off, so not sure if that means just that weight or all weights.

If my separated shoulder holds up, I'll be ready buy to a compound in the summer if xbows don't get inclusion. If inclusion is allowed, I'll be selling this accubow

Biz

If you are holding a full 70lbs at full draw, using this to learn to shoot a bow may do more harm than good.  Its like buying a recurve and being over-bowed.  Impossible to learn good form.  Most of the time, it causes more harm than good in terms of proper form.  You should use a weight you can manage easily and no newbie nor most experienced archers manage a full 70lbs at full draw well.  Just something to think about. 

Frankly the same advice applies if you are only holding 45-50lbs.  Its a lot for a new archer.

Edited by moog5050

1 hour ago, moog5050 said:

Biz

If you are holding a full 70lbs at full draw, using this to learn to shoot a bow may do more harm than good.  Its like buying a recurve and being over-bowed.  Impossible to learn good form.  Most of the time, it causes more harm than good in terms of proper form.  You should use a weight you can manage easily and no newbie nor most experienced archers manage a full 70lbs at full draw well.  Just something to think about. 

Frankly the same advice applies if you are only holding 45-50lbs.  Its a lot for a new archer.

I don't have it set anywhere near 70lbs. The dial doesn't specify exact poundage, but there's no way after my first day of pulling could I hold the max weight steady.

It says it goes from 10-70lbs. Yesterday I did a few cranks up from the bottom. I was probably pulling under 30lbs if I had to guess.

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld

35 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

I think it's a nice exercise to build archery muscles but as far as training to shoot I don't really see it. That laser would cause me to develop t@rg3t p@n1c. I won't even type those words out !

You don't have to turn laser on. I only did a few times and aimed at some taxidermy mounts. Its amazing how much I shook after holding for while.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

I don't have it set anywhere near 70lbs. The dial doesn't specify exact poundage, but there's no way after my first day of pulling could I hold the max weight steady.

It says it goes from 10-70lbs. Yesterday I did a few cranks up from the bottom. I was probably pulling under 30lbs if I had to guess.

That works. Didn't realize it was adjustable. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Yea. Figure if the time comes to buy a compound, The let off will only make it easier for me.

for a compound you're looking at 21 lbs or less of holding weight.  so this thing set at that should be good to practice holding.  for straight up drawing and letting down exercise i'd turn it up a little bit.  build up weight very slowly over time.  i tore something in my shoulder a few years ago.  couldn't even move any of my bows to draw them.  PT had me using bands that were really light.  felt stupid and like they wouldn't do anything until i realized it was working and it's not the same as normal strength training/weight lifting.

for a compound you're looking at 21 lbs or less of holding weight.  so this thing set at that should be good to practice holding.  for straight up drawing and letting down exercise i'd turn it up a little bit.  build up weight very slowly over time.  i tore something in my shoulder a few years ago.  couldn't even move any of my bows to draw them.  PT had me using bands that were really light.  felt stupid and like they wouldn't do anything until i realized it was working and it's not the same as normal strength training/weight lifting.

Yup. I went thru same thing years ago. Grade 3 shoulder separation. Got lucky, it came close but didn't break skin. Never had surgery. Just did PT, and got my strength back for things I cared about. I never was a painter and now never will be lol