Accubow

BizCT

Come back further, the nock should be at the corner of your right eye

I thought corner of my mouth? That's where my knuckles are. I took d loop off since I don't have a release, just using 3 fingers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can you fire that accubow? Or are you supposed to let it down?

Yes, you can dry fire. But they say only to do so between 20-40lbs. Not less and and not more. It goes 10-70lbs. Not let off. Has a balance too which is cool in addition to laser sight.

1edffad0daf1662808abbef478371457.jpg

Yes, you can dry fire. But they say only to do so between 20-40lbs. Not less and and not more. It goes 10-70lbs. Not let off. Has a balance too which is cool in addition to laser sight.

1edffad0daf1662808abbef478371457.jpg&key=1f51765cef1d64fc70494f648338b5fc17af3f43b925e354fb4fa45fe7a6c952

Pretty cool, you could set it to 60 for exercise and 10 or so when working on release

Pretty cool, you could set it to 60 for exercise and 10 or so when working on release

Well they say at least 20lbs for release. 10lbs is pretty flimsy. I'm just using my 3 fingers so I just release by letting go. So far I've just been doing a ton of reps each night at 35lbs. Sometimes I release sometimes I don't. It's loud and annoying to release each time.

Your anchor does look a lot more forward than it should be. The trick is to find an anchor that is solid and very repeatable. I draw back until my index finger touches my "eye-tooth" I think that's what they call it. It is the tooth that would be a canine tooth, That anchor has me pulling back on the corner of my lips just a bit. It gets good back tension, arm position, alignment and is super-consistent.

Your anchor does look a lot more forward than it should be. The trick is to find an anchor that is solid and very repeatable. I draw back until my index finger touches my "eye-tooth" I think that's what they call it. It is the tooth that would be a canine tooth, That anchor has me pulling back on the corner of my lips just a bit. It gets good back tension, arm position, alignment and is super-consistent.

Maybe it's the angle of the camera shooting from behind, but I am at the corner of my mouth with no release. Should I go farther, like say my earlobe?

1 hour ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Maybe it's the angle of the camera shooting from behind, but I am at the corner of my mouth with no release. Should I go farther, like say my earlobe?

Ill defer to a fingers shooter but typically you want the string to come to the corner of your mouth and the nock of the arrow will be directly under the corner of your eye. Having said that I highly recommend a release. You can get a good Scott caliper release on bowsite or archery talk for $40. Im assuming you can put a loop on the Accubow for a release?

2 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Biz...
anchor points and release are completely different when shooting fingers versus a mechanical release (which is recommended when shooting a compound).  for fingers i generally bring either my top finger tip or nock point to the corner of my mouth (depends on finger placement on the string in relation to nock point).  with a mechanical release the nock is slightly lower and farther back than the corner of the mouth.  string comes up along the corner of the mouth and depending on the string angle it may touch the tip or nostril of your nose.

Ill defer to a fingers shooter but typically you want the string to come to the corner of your mouth and the nock of the arrow will be directly under the corner of your eye. Having said that I highly recommend a release. You can get a good Scott caliper release on bowsite or archery talk for $40. Im assuming you can put a loop on the Accubow for a release?

Biz...
anchor points and release are completely different when shooting fingers versus a mechanical release (which is recommended when shooting a compound).  for fingers i generally bring either my top finger tip or nock point to the corner of my mouth (depends on finger placement on the string in relation to nock point).  with a mechanical release the nock is slightly lower and farther back than the corner of the mouth.  string comes up along the corner of the mouth and depending on the string angle it may touch the tip or nostril of your nose.

Yes there is a velcro d loop I can attach to use a release, but I'm not going to buy anything else unless I need to be a compound this summer. If xbow gets full inclusion, I won't be buying a compound

Biz

You are probably drawing with your arm and not your back.  The draw arm shoulder rotates out and down. Some call it a rotational draw because you rotate the shoulder, not just pull back with the arm.  When you hit full draw with proper alignment, you can really feel it lock in because the stress from bow arm runs through the bones all the way to the rear shoulder.  Bone on bone pressure and very little muscle used.  It becomes easy to hold.  hard to explain, but you are definitely not in proper alignment yet - which is completely normal starting out.  Check out BEST archery practices.  http://www.mfaa-archery.org/Tech-Support/Archery_Form_Handbook.pdf  They really explain well how to use the proper muscles to achieve alignment.  Its simply not intuitive.  And TCIII is right, the nock should line up with the bottom of the eye (vertical line down) when fully drawn.  Alignment and drawing with the proper muscles are critical.

With a compound I shot fine at hunting distances just arm drawing, but I really began to learn to draw more correctly when I moved to a recurve and began studying it a bit.  Then my compound shooting improved too.  Good luck!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Yes there is a velcro d loop I can attach to use a release, but I'm not going to buy anything else unless I need to be a compound this summer. If xbow gets full inclusion, I won't be buying a compound

i wouldn't get a release right yet either.  i don't have any cheaper spare ones to send you.  i've given them all away to new bowhunters.  just pick a spot to consistently draw back for now like to the corner of your mouth.  draw length and other stuff worry about later if you get an actual bow setup.  once you're at anchor, where ever it may be, your forearm should be running in parallel or inline with an imaginary arrow from the nock point to the shelf of the bow.  it your forearm is lined up nice from the side and from directly behind then you're "form" is good.

1 hour ago, moog5050 said:

Biz

You are probably drawing with your arm and not your back.  The draw arm shoulder rotates out and down. Some call it a rotational draw because you rotate the shoulder, not just pull back with the arm.  When you hit full draw with proper alignment, you can really feel it lock in because the stress from bow arm runs through the bones all the way to the rear shoulder.  Bone on bone pressure and very little muscle used.  It becomes easy to hold.  hard to explain, but you are definitely not in proper alignment yet - which is completely normal starting out.  Check out BEST archery practices.  http://www.mfaa-archery.org/Tech-Support/Archery_Form_Handbook.pdf  They really explain well how to use the proper muscles to achieve alignment.  Its simply not intuitive.  And TCIII is right, the nock should line up with the bottom of the eye (vertical line down) when fully drawn.  Alignment and drawing with the proper muscles are critical.

With a compound I shot fine at hunting distances just arm drawing, but I really began to learn to draw more correctly when I moved to a recurve and began studying it a bit.  Then my compound shooting improved too.  Good luck!

Thanks. Yea, I had done some research and a slightly open stance feels best for me so that's what I have been doing with respect to my feet/legs. Considering my right shoulder is no longer connected (thx to separation- Both sets of ligaments are torn as well as the capsule that surrounds the joint), I honestly have no idea how I am even able to pull it back. But so far, no issues with pulling 35lbs back and holding the 35lbs fairly steady for 10+ seconds.